Today was supposed to be new Creo announcement day!

how do the battery watt hours compare: creo1, creo2, trek domane+? i'm curious which one carries more capacity for a ride...

Last edited:
Creo 1 and Creo 2 share the same 320 Wh internal battery and 160 Wh Range Extenders.
Trek Domane+ SLR has a 360 Wh battery and can take a 160 Wh Range Extender.

In theory, Trek has a bigger battery. It does not need to translate to the range though as the range mostly depends on how the e-bike is ridden. For instance, I have no idea how you set the assistance and the motor peak power on the TQ motor compared to Specialized. I even do not know what is the peak power of the TQ motor. @AntonioAlfaro?

P.S. The SL 1.1 motor is 240 W (mechanical) peak power, TQ-HPR500 is 300 W, and the SL1.2 is 320 W (mechanical). Not sure what efficiency of the TQ motor is. Next, not sure whether the TQ peak power is electrical or mechanical. It all does matter.

From what I have seen on the range quoted on the TQ bikes (BMC and Pinerello), they both quote 60 miles. Thought that seemed well short on the Creo 1 80 miles. I can get up to 100 mile from mine in eco.

From what I have seen on the range quoted on the TQ bikes (BMC and Pinerello), they both quote 60 miles. Thought that seemed well short on the Creo 1 80 miles. I can get up to 100 mile from mine in eco.
the numbers are all kind of stupid, to be honest. the range of an e-bike is infinite if it’s being pedaled and the motor is off. there’s a continuum from there to almost nothing if you’re going up a 15% grade in turbo at the bike’s weight limit - the battery would be toast in an hour (300 watts for an hour = 300 watt hours 😂) and you’d have gone about four miles.

as long as you can thoughtfully and easily
control the power output, add some of your own power, and understand the relationship of speed and grade to power required, you can vary your range from 20 to 100 miles on these bikes.

the range of an e-bike is infinite if it’s being pedaled and the motor is off
The range is infinite if the system is switched off :) Otherwise, I totally agree with your views :)

(My Vado SL ate 5 Wh on a half an hour ride in the OFF mode on Tuesday but it has the lighting, too).

The range is infinite if the system is switched off :) Otherwise, I totally agree with your views :)

(My Vado SL ate 5 Wh on a half an hour ride in the OFF mode on Tuesday but it has the lighting, too).
incorrect. the bike is still moving forward if pedaled by a human, whether there is enough battery left to run the lights, electronics, or not 😂

the numbers are all kind of stupid, to be honest. the range of an e-bike is infinite if it’s being pedaled and the motor is off. there’s a continuum from there to almost nothing if you’re going up a 15% grade in turbo at the bike’s weight limit - the battery would be toast in an hour (300 watts for an hour = 300 watt hours 😂) and you’d have gone about four miles.

as long as you can thoughtfully and easily
control the power output, add some of your own power, and understand the relationship of speed and grade to power required, you can vary your range from 20 to 100 miles on these bikes.
Yea I guess that is the average....don't want to be that rider that gets 5 miles from the battery....... Having the Di2 hack on the bars does really help with range as so much easy to swap and save those electricities.....lol

incorrect. the bike is still moving forward if pedaled by a human, whether there is enough battery left to run the lights, electronics, or not 😂
Heheh, I can see my joke fell flat :) Even if the main battery held for a long time in the OFF mode, no recording device such as a phone or a bike computer would hold for so long without recharging! :)

Of course, an unpowered e-bike has the range only limited by the rider :)

Heheh, I can see my joke fell flat :) Even if the main battery held for a long time in the OFF mode, no recording device such as a phone or a bike computer would hold for so long without recharging! :)

Of course, an unpowered e-bike has the range only limited by the rider :)

These poor bikes! If only they didn’t have to carry US around, they could go so much further!

😂

Hey all -- new member here.... second post.

Question - I bought a set of the Specialized ROVAL Terra carbon wheels for my Diverge about 3 months ago. Would those wheels fit on the new Creo 2 Comp Carbon?

I believe that they do NOT fit on the original Creo.
The Creo 2 uses wider hubs so my thought would be no.

@augie05

Creo 2 uses standard width gravel e-bike hubs. The Creo 1 hubs are wider.

Diverge:
Front: 12x100 mm
Rear: 12x142 mm.
(Gravel bike standard)

Creo 2:
Front: 12x100 mm
Rear: 12x142 mm.
(Gravel bike standard)

Creo 1:
Front: 12x110 mm
Rear: 12x148 mm
(Road boost)

Creo 2 has been designed as a true gravel e-bike, to the letter.

Last edited:
Back