Tire sizes other than 700x45c

jwb

Anyone tried other sizes? I think I saw a photo on here of someone with a 700x38c. What are my options? Tubeless? I had a blowout flat on the way to the office this morning and my rear is ruined. I could get another Electrak but I'd like to explore a bit.

I am a big fan of Schwalbe Bike Tires and Tubes. Specifically any Schwalbe in the Marathon series offers tremendous protection against flats. I use Schwalbe exclusively on my road bikes and hybrids in Goats Head season in the SF Bay area and I have not experienced any flats. One of the first upgrades performed on my new Juiced Cross Currents Electric Bike is swapping the oem Kenda EBike Tires (700x45) and tubes with Schwalbe Marathon Supremes in the 700 x 40C folding tires and Schwalbe standard tubes with the presta valve. Improved rolling distance due to the high pressure tires, currently inflated to 85 PSI and most of my riding is on the pavement sothe tread pattern is optimal for my riding profile. Less rolling resistance equals improved battery life and a peppier acceleration off the line and at lower speeds.

My bike came from factory with the 700x 38 ... A good tire but I removed them for the 700 x 50 as I ride some light trail / paths etc. Made all the difference and a better all around tire. I can't tell any increased rolling resistance on road either ... Really like the Marathons !
1481055966216-649834677.jpg

After the first 1000 miles went from the factory Kenda 700x45 to Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x38. The ride is a little more what you might call immediate, handles a bit more crisply (tough to find these words!). I wanted the Marathon Plus tires above all things, and went for the smaller size so I can use the Gaadi tube in the event of a rear tire flat in the middle of nowhere. If Gaadi makes that tube larger, I would go back to the bigger tire for the ride comfort. In the meantime, I do like the way they feel, and I've unlocked the front shock to even out the ride a bit.

That 622x50c looks hot but I have a 700c wheel. So what I'm hearing is sizes down to 700x38 should be no problem. I commute half on city streets and half on a groomed gravel trail, 30 miles a day. Puncture resistance is #1 for me, so I don't have to walk five miles to the end of the trail like I did today :-/

I couldn't find that tire on Schwalbe's site because they've got it listed under "road" instead of "tour" as if I'm supposed to understand their little genres.

After the first 1000 miles went from the factory Kenda 700x45 to Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x38. The ride is a little more what you might call immediate, handles a bit more crisply (tough to find these words!). I wanted the Marathon Plus tires above all things, and went for the smaller size so I can use the Gaadi tube in the event of a rear tire flat in the middle of nowhere. If Gaadi makes that tube larger, I would go back to the bigger tire for the ride comfort. In the meantime, I do like the way they feel, and I've unlocked the front shock to even out the ride a bit.
Use 29'er tubes, same diameter. People use 700c road tires on 29'ers all the time, as long as the width is correct for the rim. Amazon has the 29x1.75-2.1 Gaadi tubes for $4.33. Perfect fit for 700x45 (45=1.77).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FB0R9RG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mTArybYBCRM8M?th=1&psc=1

Thanks much, didn't figure that out myself. I'm going to grab a couple for future use when I go back to the larger tires (Schwalbe Marathon Plus again, of course). Once we get this whole winter thing out of the way, the next thousand or so miles won't take long!

Here in Saratoga County NY today it was sunny and mid thirties. Took the opportunity to go out for a quick 20 mile ride on the Erie Canal trail system before it snows tonight.

Amazon sent my confirmation for the Gaadi tube for $4.33.
Screenshot_20161206-215946.jpg
I checked to see if they still had stock left and the price has gone up since this afternoon. Someone realized a mistake. I hope you guys got your orders in.

Current pricing:
Screenshot_20161206-221019.jpg

Back