Timewarp of my daily commute.

What part of town is that? SE somewhere? For sure you are in an unusual zone for PDX as far as bike lanes go.

I used to commute in to NE 26th and Ainsworth a bunch when I lived out on Sauvie Id. and it was 20 miles but the only narrow two lane I had to deal with was on the island. Took me about 45 minutes and the fastest I ever made it was by motorcycle @ 35minutes.

Good on ya for getting out there.

Wow, pretty ballsy riding on a 2 lane windy road with no shoulder. How fast were you going on average?
I average 15 mph on the flats and uphill and reach max of 30 mph riding the downhill part. Unfortunately that road is the only connection to the city for bikers from the side of town I live in. I wish the car traffic would be limited to local residents only since there is a big freeway paralleling this road just three miles south that they all the other cars can use.

Last edited:
What part of town is that? SE somewhere? For sure you are in an unusual zone for PDX as far as bike lanes go.

I used to commute in to NE 26th and Ainsworth a bunch when I lived out on Sauvie Id. and it was 20 miles but the only narrow two lane I had to deal with was on the island. Took me about 45 minutes and the fastest I ever made it was by motorcycle @ 35minutes.

Good on ya for getting out there.
I bike on NW Cornell RD and NW Thompson Rd all the way up to NW Skyline Blvd and then downhill to Cedar Mill.
This route is the only I can ride from this part of Portland. My only other option would be taking the trail following Sunset HW 26 but that is nasty noisy area and almost three miles longer for me. It is a shame NW Cornell Rd does not have decent bike lanes, it is a beautiful ride for bikers.

Daily Commute.jpg

Reactions: JRA
That looks a lot like the kind of riding I do, except the last 5 miles on my way home are on a 4 lane. Eastern North Carolina hasn't caught on to bike lanes or bike trails yet. Thanks for the video.

Back