Tight plug help

Iwill2

Region
New Zealand
City
Cambridge
I have been sent a replacement L7 Das-kit display for my m3 Moscow as the original one has moisture under the screen. Is there a trick to pulling the main plug to the controller? . I tried to pull it apart with just fingers but didn't seem to want to budge and two pairs of pliers doesn't seem like a good idea.

Last edited:
I have been sent a replacement L7 Das-kit display for my m3 Moscow as the original one has moisture under the screen. Is there a trick to pulling the main plug to the controller? . I tried to pull it apart with just fingers but didn't seem to want to budge and two pairs of pliers doesn't seem like a good idea.
Have you tried giving it a turn first? Or even push it in and then give it a turn?
How long has the moisture been there? Maybe there's some corrosion in there now and it needs a shot or two of penetrating fluid first.
I'd keep the pliers away from it for sure. CN

No moisture in the plug, the bike is new and never been wet but for some reason there was moisture under the display screen from new , it forms when the bike is first put out in the sun then disappears. I've read that the plug is tight because of vacuum and I need to get air in there by pushing a small screwdriver into the join and letting air in. I haven't tried it yet as everything is working OK, I might try leaving it out in the sun for a few days and keep the new one until something stops working( probably miles from home)

A vacuum in the plug? How would they create a vacuum to suck the halves together? Someone is pulling your leg. When a handlebar grip is too tight, you get a crack started and blow air in it. I usually use an animal syringe and get a little liquid soap under the grips. Might give that a try.

It’s just condensation under the screen caused by temperature changes , I’ve had that quite a few times . Like you say leaving in the sun dries it out . Shouldn’t be a problem, and you’ve got a spare display now ! The plug connector is very tight - I managed to separate it with gentle slight side to side movement combined with pulling

Back