Tickets when using bike rack

Since y'all are discussing this, looking for a bike rack for my car. Problem is, I have a rather large spoiler. Here is a stock photo...any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2012-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Sedan-GSR-4dr-Sedan-Photo-1.jpg
    2012-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Sedan-GSR-4dr-Sedan-Photo-1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 812
Since y'all are discussing this, looking for a bike rack for my car. Problem is, I have a rather large spoiler. Here is a stock photo...any suggestions?
Check out Thule's website. You can put your car model in and they'll also ask if you have a spoiler. We generally recommend hitch racks for ebikes, but Thule makes some solid racks. Most are rated for 35lbs per bike like other trunk racks. I haven't found any trunk racks that are rated for more, but I feel like it could handle most ebikes with the battery off the bike and some extra straps to prevent the bike from swinging around.

Seems to me if you are concerned (and it sounds like a legitimate one) running a set of trailer lights ziptied to the bikes along with the tag. Shouldn't take but a couple minutes and a few zip ties. Of course, you would need a trailer plug.
This is a short video of a light board I made for the rack, installed on my wife's car. Working on installing a pigtail for my car. I'm not going to worry about the license plate being clearly visible until I actually get pulled over for it.

Rola basket with lockable fork mount ... Also has locking pin to make theft a little harder, chose this due to flexibility for other uses and is rock solid... Rated for 500#....

How do you secure your bike in a basket like this? I'm trying to envision it but am not succeeding. Thanks!

This is a short video of a light board I made for the rack, installed on my wife's car. Working on installing a pigtail for my car. I'm not going to worry about the license plate being clearly visible until I actually get pulled over for it.

I met someone in the neighborhood yesterday with this 1up rack on his Porsche Macan, and he invited me to stop by and see how my bike fits sometime. My 5'1" small wife's loves that she doesn't have to lift the bike so high to load it up.

But I hadn't thought about it blocking the license plate (he had no bikes on it). I use a cheap $200 rack that hangs bikes, and you can see the plate below the bike (which hangs pretty high). Here is my wife's Neko+ on my rack (on my 2017 WRX LTD with Ecohitch Invisi).
IMG_7191.jpg
IMG_7188.jpg

Curt makes a dual tail light kit that can be attached in seconds to a carrier or a bike rack and it sells for less than $30. I mounted the license plate for the front of the car on the bike rack and leave it there.

Just drove 4,000+ miles from Denver to Washington DC and back like this (and some with a cover on it) and never had any issues.
41E9B4F7-22DF-4BB4-BB46-01B0237CBA24.jpeg

I run a Thule easy fold (not cheap) which can only carry two bikes. It has built in provision for stop light, turn indicators and tail lights. It also has provision for lighting of a rear number plate. Most cops don't worry too much but there are one or two who seam to make it their mission to nail us. We can apply to the local licencing authority for a 'supplemental' number plate ($19.00 same number as your car). Some members have a board similar to what is used by boat owners when trailering their boat. trailer lights on each end, number plate in the middle and a lighting cable which plugs into the trailer lighting outlet on the car.

Back