Thoughts on Vvolt ebikes?

dd92128

Region
USA
Doing my research for my ebike and vvolt came up on the top.
Good value for money.
3 year warranty.
Seems to have good customer service and good components.
Belt Drive with Enviolo CVT for $2700

Wondering why I don't see much chatter about this company in forum.

An article in this month's Electric Bike Action Magazine described the company as founded by Kyle Ranson the owner of the Showers Pass cycle clothing company, and located in Portland, OR. All models use Gates belt drive. The Proxima model offers the same combination of mid-drive and Enviolo Trekking CVT hub as fitted to its better known competitor the Priority Current. I have not heard of the Austrian motor manufacturer MPF before reading the article, the MPF 6 mid-drive is rated at 250w but the claimed peak torque 80Nm, and the fact it can be configured as Class 1 or 3, suggests higher power and the manufacturer website claims peak power of 650w. The battery is rather small at 375wh, but as you said the price is competitive, I think it is currently the least expensive mid-drive/CVT e-bike in N America. The V Volt Sirius model adds a 100mm air suspension fork and wider tires for $100 more, and the Alpha model is a single speed rear hub offered in step-through or diamond frame.

Last edited:
I have been eying up their bikes and the only thing that gives me pause is the 10ah batteries. Even with their cheapest model the Alpha which is $1400 should at least come with a 14ah which is the market standard.

I have been eying up their bikes and the only thing that gives me pause is the 10ah batteries. Even with their cheapest model the Alpha which is $1400 should at least come with a 14ah which is the market standard.

I would agree for the hub drive options they have. With the mid-drives however, 400wh was not uncommon 5-6 years back (standard bosch battery size for example). While 6-700wh is great to see now, 375wh should still give most riders 35-50 miles of range unless running in turbo the whole time.

Was really interested in a belt drive for winter riding, but these guys don’t seem to sell in Canada. Looks like they’ve got a .ca domain reserved, so at least we’re on their radar.

You’d think belts would be all the rage here in the frozen north, but I’ve never even laid eyes on one.

Back