Flat to Drop Handlebars on Ebike? (Vvolt Proxima or Centauri)

dfriedz

Region
USA
Hi everyone,

I'm curious if it's possible to do a handlebar conversion from flat to drops on an ebike, specifically looking at those that have a belt drive and IGH with gears or CVT. The current top contender I have for this is the Vvolt Proxima or Centauri. The main two aspects of this that give me pause are if it would work with the Enviolo Twist Shifter, as well as wouldn't there need to be some kind of a cutoff for the motor involved when braking?

Many thanks in advance,

have you ridden a drop bar conversion? the frame geometry between drop bar and flat bar bikes is always a bit different, and can't be fully compensated for with stems and spacers. the ones i've ridden have been really squirrely.

the vvolt look like nice bikes - are you sure there isn't a bike that comes with drop bars that meets your needs? this will be a pretty expensive conversion with the brakes, shifters, etc.

have you ridden a drop bar conversion? the frame geometry between drop bar and flat bar bikes is always a bit different, and can't be fully compensated for with stems and spacers. the ones i've ridden have been really squirrely.

the vvolt look like nice bikes - are you sure there isn't a bike that comes with drop bars that meets your needs? this will be a pretty expensive conversion with the brakes, shifters, etc.
I haven't ridden a drop bar conversion, no, and this is a good point. What would you estimate a conversion to cost? I'm trying to compare the geometry on 99spokes.com with my current ride: 2020 Giant Contend AR 3.

That meets my needs? Yes, I'm considering the Yamaha Civante to meet my needs. My want, however, is an ebike I could buy that has drops, belt driven and IGH with multiple gears/ratio, removable battery, and less than 3.5k; these do not seem to exist on the US market for whatever reason - I hope someone can correct me.

ok a few things. brakes would need to be changed as grifters need different brakes even if they are not mechanical. road brakes may not work for your bike. you could not sift tight them so you would have to have a separate shifter.

Back