Thoughts on the Haibike SDURO Trekking 4.0?

@BenRussoUSA ... I assume you mean the highest gear (for Speed).

Nope, the highest gear (9) works great.
1-7 also work great. It is just 8th gear that gets clickety when pedaling hard.
That is the odd thing.
Since all the other gears work fine, I think I just need to do micro adjustments with the cable barrel adjusters.
I have tried a quarter turn of the barrel adjusters at a time, in each direction.
I don't know why I can't get 8th gear to work right.

A slightly bent derailer hanger could be the cause of that too.

If only a set number of gears dont work great, its mostly the hanger which isnt perfectly straight.
You can try to adjust all you want, if the hanger is the problem you wont get far without adressing that first.

If it stays that way, a LBS can check that easy with a derailerhanger alignment tool, or you can get one yourself.
With your eyes only you wont see anything (works like a truing stand)

So, I found the problem (I think).
The motor mount bolts were a little loose (they were loose when I got the bike, I torqued them with a proper torque wrench to the 22 nm indicated on the frame).
The loose bolts let the crank set twist a little, so the front cog had about 5mm play left-right when peddling hard.
I tightened those bolts again and the wobble went away.
Looks like they could be replaced with through bolts and a nut on the right side of the bike if the threads give out.
I don't know why Yamaha placed all 3 of the mounting bolts above the crank "shaft"?
If they had made a wider triangle with the mounting bolts (so that the crank shaft was inside the triangle formed by the 3 bolts) then the frame would have a *much* stronger grip on the motor and less play.

Back