Thought I'd share a letter I sent to Lectric on behalf of all of us waiting for our bikes.

Got my 2nd bike today ordered it May 27th
Great! Glad for you, got mine on Wednesday. Trying to put that dang battery in and keeping it from constantly sliding out while balancing the bike struggling to close it is a royal pain in the you-know-where. Battery won‘t be taken out of the bike too frequently that’s for sure, it’s staying in there! Anybody have tips on how to manage the maneuvers easier and avoid back strain?

My 2.0 step thru I got upgraded for free!!

Attachments

• 6125FE5A-4AED-4FA3-8D7F-CDCE9CC77BDF.jpeg
    6125FE5A-4AED-4FA3-8D7F-CDCE9CC77BDF.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 257
Sitting in North Salt Lake, UT. "No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

Stay tuned.
A little late with the information, but I did receive my bike on August 24th. The left break cable was damaged in shipment, I sent Lectric a email with photos and a replacements is on its way.

So far only have 2 miles on it. I would like to get more riding in, but can't seem to find the time.

Great! Glad for you, got mine on Wednesday. Trying to put that dang battery in and keeping it from constantly sliding out while balancing the bike struggling to close it is a royal pain in the you-know-where. Battery won‘t be taken out of the bike too frequently that’s for sure, it’s staying in there! Anybody have tips on how to manage the maneuvers easier and avoid back strain?

The key that you use to turn the battery on, also turns on a "lock" mechanism which protrudes from the battery through a hole in the frame. So the key is either "on", "off and battery locked into frame", or "off and battery is unlocked from frame".

There isn't a special trick here other than you insert battery, then key into battery and move it to "off and battery locked into frame" position, then unfold the bike. What may be happening is your turning the key too far, and when you fold the bike the battery wants to slide out.

I've had my bike for about 7 weeks now and only have 9 miles on it, just can't find time to ride.

Thought I would share this as it explains a lot about the "supply chain" problems.

I've had my bike for about 7 weeks now and only have 9 miles on it, just can't find time to ride.

Thought I would share this as it explains a lot about the "supply chain" problems.

From the site owner and moderator:
  • "Please post in the correct forum section and then stay on topic. This is a site about electric bikes, not politics, religion or penguins. The difficult and nuanced piece is that sometimes ebikes and politics intersect and occasionally the Pope mentions global warming which is linked to the subject of sustainable transportation. in those limited cases please use your best judgment and don't be rude or controversial just to ingratiate yourself or your own emotionally derived views. Be data-driven but also be open-minded."

Back