Thought all you guys who needed a suspension seat post were cats !

Just ordered a set of grips similar to the ones that were O.E. on my Juiced RC-S from Aliexpress. Have had exceptional service from Ali-except for long wait times. Have ordered over 100 things without a hitch. U just gotta separate the chaff from the wheat
Similar experience with AMZ on grips. Ordered Ergon GP5 grips but not prime. No mention of where they were coming from and they took like 5 weeks to get here. But they got here.

I had three or four Thud ST's because I thought the LTs looked goofy and would be overkill. Then I decided to try an LT on a new build and was immediately sorry I had ever done an ST. The LT is the ST but more better. Doesn't feel less stable or more gooshy or anything... its just better. Most recently I decided to spring the big bucks and try out a Kinekt and damnnn they are very different, more better than the LT and I have to say worth the extra money.

Notice one thing about the pics: I don't do QR collars and I do use a seat leash. The long orange one is made by Kryptonite, the shorter one is by Akita and both come from Amazon. They are not perfect but we live in an imperfect world. If you are going to blow big bucks on a seatpost, and have to leave the bike unattended even occasionally, one of these installed will keep the seat and post from being vulnerable to a quick grab. The cable is just thick enough to need some decent clippers. But of course its a cable so not going to be super security. But its more than nothing.
PXL_20210324_220207676.jpg
IMG_20200430_170645 (1).jpg
PXL_20201209_161713975.jpg
PXL_20210318_223651227.jpg

How does a suspension seat post help lower back issue? Never got to figure out the science behind that...
It cured my chronic lower back pain from daily riding. Think of your seatpost bottom as a nail head. The ground is the hammer. You have a choice between getting hammered with or without something to deaden the shock. Sure the seat can do some of that but the suspension post does more. Also the better posts move in such a way as to not screw with your leg placement during the pedal stroke. In fact you really can't tell you have one underneath you (not true of the Kinekt it is a little bouncy but not in a bad way).

I have also used the Satori Animaris and I liked it as a budget option, but that was when they were $50. I think they are well above that now and I would no longer pay what they are asking vs. a Thud LT.

I have a Kinekt and they will have to pry it from my cold, dead arse ... or something like that. :)

For theft protection I'm using Hexlox. Pretty cool system. The kit I got uses the existing seat clamp but replaces the QR lever/bolt with their theft-resistant bolt.

I had three or four Thud ST's because I thought the LTs looked goofy and would be overkill. Then I decided to try an LT on a new build and was immediately sorry I had ever done an ST. The LT is the ST but more better. Doesn't feel less stable or more gooshy or anything... its just better. Most recently I decided to spring the big bucks and try out a Kinekt and damnnn they are very different, more better than the LT and I have to say worth the extra money.

Notice one thing about the pics: I don't do QR collars and I do use a seat leash. The long orange one is made by Kryptonite, the shorter one is by Akita and both come from Amazon. They are not perfect but we live in an imperfect world. If you are going to blow big bucks on a seatpost, and have to leave the bike unattended even occasionally, one of these installed will keep the seat and post from being vulnerable to a quick grab. The cable is just thick enough to need some decent clippers. But of course its a cable so not going to be super security. But its more than nothing.
View attachment 85548View attachment 85551View attachment 85550View attachment 85547
I removed the quick release handle and tightened the post with an Allen

I've also done a review and received a free product but that does not mean my review was fake. I liked the product a lot and gave an honest review. The fact that I got something free didn't change the fact that I liked it.
No, but it's not as trusted as someone who paid full price. It's why cheap headphones are rating much better than products from Sennheiser, Bose, ect.. I get those offers all the time and they tell you to not mention that you get a product for free or discount for a purpose. They know they are circumventing the system and manipulating review scores.

For anyone reading this now, I got 20% off on a Redshift Shockstop seat post just recently.
Spring sale apparently. Check their website. CN

No, but it's not as trusted as someone who paid full price. It's why cheap headphones are rating much better than products from Sennheiser, Bose, ect.. I get those offers all the time and they tell you to not mention that you get a product for free or discount for a purpose. They know they are circumventing the system and manipulating review scores.
Not sure why someone would want to get an item free that they didn't like when they bought it the first time. If I don't like something I buy on Amazon I return it.

Not sure why someone would want to get an item free that they didn't like when they bought it the first time. If I don't like something I buy on Amazon I return it.
People tend to review products higher that they get for free. That's why reviewers from respectable sites buy things on their own, and when they don't, they make sure to put in a disclaimer they got it for free. It's the reason why Amazon is cracking down on companies that participate in this practice. Unfortunately they just aren't very good at policing.

Last edited:
Back