This is my Radrover...

Is there not something you can set in the controller? With the Juggernaut (also cadence only, I think) the difference in aggressiveness of the power assist is very noticeable from 1 to 5. I will knock it down often in trees, tight trails, around crowds of people, etc. Combined with downshifting have never felt the need to go to zero (no assist) yet for anything other than curiosity, as 1 or 2 are quite gentle. Five on the other hand makes it much easier to hold max speed.

Pics of a modified for fat tires Fiamma Bike carrier. I plan to redo the straps so it looks a little better. Trimmed and planned a nice piece of oak to sit in the gutter to add stability, and rigidity. Pic of the hitch point for a doggy ride trailer. Longer bolt and a washer was all I needed.
FUN. First weekend with the Rad Rover 5 trips to our farm 25 miles total. Pulling a 36lbs trailer and a 44 pound dog, 185 lbs rider mostly assist level one or two, three and four for steep hills, five for outrunning barking dogs. FUN. I would have rode more but rain got in the way. I'll try the suggested bike apps next weekend and post some results. Did I mention FUN?
Looking forward to fenders arriving, hopefully sooner rather the latter.

Attachments

• WIN_20150713_074921.JPG
    WIN_20150713_074921.JPG
    912.8 KB · Views: 638
  • WIN_20150713_074908.JPG
    WIN_20150713_074908.JPG
    904.5 KB · Views: 669
I want to mention; in the start of one ride I thought that I had the loose fuse issue. I had no power at the LCD screen, but the battery had a charge and the power button was on. Turns out the barrel connector connected to the LCD screen was loose.

Rode it to work today and parked it in the hallway outside of my office. People are constantly stopping, curious about the bike. It's definitely a head turner. I think people are slowly getting more awareness for ebikes, and everyone I talked to were amazed at the price tag of the Radrover.

I think people who have knowledge about ebikes would think the price of the RR is inexpensive, in contrast people who knows nothing about ebike would think it's expensive. To me, ebikes are a luxury item, an expensive toy, a toy that puts a smile on my face. :)

I think people who have knowledge about ebikes would think the price of the RR is inexpensive, in contrast people who knows nothing about ebike would think it's expensive. To me, ebikes are a luxury item, an expensive toy, a toy that puts a smile on my face. :)

That really goes back to how bikes are viewed in the US in general, which is a by-product of our infrastructure not being favorable to regular bike usage. Hopefully that will begin to change in the future!

Most folks thought it was really cheap. A lot of folks here own road or mtn bikes, so they appreciated the 1k price tag.

Very nice looking bike, maybe get some black screws for the fender install and +1 above I wouldnt be able to sit on that :)

it is really i sa nice looking setup, we arent trying to discourage you, i would call these nitpicks , to do or ignore no biggie, you did a great job!

Last edited:
??? I am not sure what you mean , maybe it is the internet or I came off poorly.

That is a sweet job w/the bike, I love fenders and these look great on fat tires, I happily surprised how good it looks. I did think it was funny on the seat angle , I couldn't sit on it if it were tight in that position , i would get hurt, i am not sure how many would like that angle at all :) :)

I think this Rad has been the best on the funded bikes

I apologize to anyone if I offended and think that is a great looking bike!

Last edited:
Back