The Turn Signal

Comotose 3.0

Region
Canada
Hey everyone - while I was enjoying yet another epic day on my Como today, a thought came to my head. Sometimes I am literally coming up to a turn and not feeling the greatest about taking a hand off the handlebar. A thought, why not turn signals on the Como? I mean is it a dumb idea really? I could also slow down to the point whereby I do feel comfortable with my hand signals, but what is the fun in that?

the latest one that was on kickstarter. I had the urban one with the big light panel on back but it was too heavy to wear for me without a head covering and hurt my head.

@Comotose 3.0

Have a look at this. You can also get it on amazon.
1664015830129.png

You get a LED Turn Signal Backpack Light Reflective Vest, 18L Capacity Outdoor Sports Bag, Flashing Warning Lamp Security Pack with 1L Bladder Bag & Wireless Remote Control for Safety Cycling Day Or Night.
I ditched the pack pack and attached the small pouch to my pannier, works like a charm.

I've been fairly happy with these turn signals on my bike; however, I had purchased mine from aliexpress for a little less than the Amazon.com prices. The controller that came with mine uses one CR2032 battery, which seems to last for at least 3 to 4 months of every day use of the controller. I have the turn signals on the front (via a this handle bar extension) and rear (on bike rack) of my bike, so left turn or right turn signals blink in unison on the front and back of the bike. My ebike display has a USB port on it and I have the two turn signals that are on the handle bar plugged into the display USB port, so they automatically charge from the ebike battery whenever the bike is powered on. For the rear, my bike rack had reflector mount on it and I removed the reflector and installed a portable 5000 mAh USB charger where the reflector mounted and have the two rear turn signals plugged into it (see enclosed picture of turn signals and USB power bank mounted to rack). The rear turn signals plugged into the 5000 mAh USB charger won't automatically charge the turn signals when their battery get low, so I've gotten into the habit of every now and then simply unpluging and immediately repluging the USB cable into the USB battery charger and that will cause the turn signals to get fully charged. The turn signals will also work (i.e. blink) while they are being charged. My guess is I can go 4 to 5 months before I have to juice up the 5000 mAh USB charger.

Turn-Signal-and-USB-Powerbank-on-rack.JPG

Back