The next (new) juiced bike . Juiced scorpion

The non-adjusting seat is my biggest issue. I'm good with plastic fenders. Steel rusts, aluminum dents easily. They both rattle louder (or tinnier) than plastic. Plastic can be floppy but doesn't have to be. I always thought of Juiced as a step up from the base on-line bike companies (who I like so won't name). I didn't pay much attention to Juiced up until the Scorpion. The VeeGo 750 is fine up until the t-shaped handlebar and long stem. I don't like that look.

The non adjustable seat was why I was hoping that they didn't have a 20 mph limit on the throttle (while 28mph on assist). Because pedaling ergonomics wouldn't be ideal. But someone on reddit said that Juiced have stated on Instagram that it's 20 mph on throttle.

Another interesting tidbit from Instagram was that the 19.2 Ah battery is standard on the Hyper version only, which makes sense because they are currently selling that battery for $1299 by itself. No fricking way they could put that on a $1299 bike, even if it's only a launch special price.

Also, the Hyper version has a 1000w Bafang motor (750w on regular version). This bike has a hub motor, so when did Bafang have a 1000w hub motor? Or are they doing what Rad does, just feed 1000w from the controller and call it a 1000w motor (or 750w in Rad's case).

And, pre-orders starts on Sept 24 on Indiegogo.

The web site was showing the 52 volt 19.2 amp hour battery with the $1299 price, so that would be bad if that wasn't the deal. I'm good with 20 mph setting because that keeps me out of regulation issues and expenses. The specs should all be out before any commitments have to be made. I'm willing to wait and see. Still looks pretty great so far.

Anyone have all the specs on the Hyper Scorpion?
I know it has the 1000w bafang motor which has been out for a long time. Will the Hyper Scorpion have a Torque and Cadence sensor? Thumb Throttle? Trigger shifter?

More details from Electrek... https://electrek.co/2019/09/13/juiced-scorpion-electric-mopeds-price-speed-30-mph/

The Hyper Scorpion should apparently be capable of speeds of over 30 mph (51 km/h), according to the company.
This wouldn’t be the first time Juiced Bikes has offered such high-speed electric bikes.
Last year the company offered up the 34 mph (55 km/h) Hyper Scrambler and the 40 mph (64 km/h) Hyper Fat HF1100.
juiced-scorpion.jpg

The Hyper Scorpion would also see other upgrades including a Shimano transmission, 1,000 W Bafang motor (versus the 750 W motor on the regular Scorpion) and an optional passenger peg kit.

Pre-orders for the Juiced Scorpion will begin on September 24th, when Juiced opens an Indiegogo page for the bike. Using the Indiegogo platform has become a popular way for companies to presell electric bikes recently.

I’m obsessing on this bike a bit, so I went out to an Instagram account I haven’t visited in years to see what Juiced was saying out there.

So, Juiced said on Instagram “…the Indiegogo campaign will be up for 30-60 days and Bikes will be shipped in March 2020.” That’s a half a year… Is that a normal time frame for when an established bike company announces a bike and expects shipment? I was thinking they’d be shipping in a month, or 2 worse-case. Guess I'm spoiled from ordering things on Amazon and getting them the next day.

Also” …larger motor and longer range battery PLUS torque and cadence pedal sensors and upgraded Shimano 8-speed transmission” for the Hyper version. So that seems to indicate that the 19.2 Ah battery won’t be on the standard Scorpion. So not really honest advertising going on unless this is a misstatement.

Questions from tall people are being ignored. Discrimination, I say!!! (kidding) Several people on several platforms have asked about the fit for tall people, but I've seen no responses.

Are there any reference pictures of tall people on scramblers? Do tall folks sit ok on that platform?

I would imagine the scorpion would be similar

I posted a pic earlier in this thread with the 2 bikes superimposed over each other. I was assuming the tires were 20 inch on both. If that is the case and I did it right, it looks like the Scorpion is several inches lower.

I see that, thanks.

Comparing the two, it seems like the scorpion has the advantage in having...
  • dual suspension
  • rear rack
  • longer range?
Any other differences between the two that are notable? Or is it going to be a preference on style that is really the decision maker between the two

Any other differences between the two that are notable? Or is it going to be a preference on style that is really the decision maker between the two
The Scorpion is a step-through, which I think is an advantage as far as ergonomics. Although it might allow more frame flex.

But the advantages of the Scrambler are seat height (apparently, and only for tall people) and that it is available now, not a half a year from now if all goes well. I'm not that up on indiegogo, Do they take your money right away, or when the product ships?

Still, for me this would be a big purchase, and if I'm going to spend the money, it has to look nice in addition to everything else. And the Scrambler reminds me of a homemade scooter with a lawnmower engine my next door neighbors had back in the 70s. The Scorpion looks like a euro-styled moped like the Puch Maxi or Piaggio Ciao. So the Scorpion wins hands down for me. I know others will disagree. :)

I bought a Camp Scrambler on Indiegogo last year. The Scrambler (non Hyper version) has almost identical specs to the new Scorpion, with a few exceptions; Same motor, hydraulic disc brakes, probably the same 13ah battery, same 7speed shifter, same twist throttle, same cadence sensor, same front suspension, same controller, same kickstand, same pedals. The biggest difference is the price. $1299 for Scorpion vs $1599. 2 person seating is optional on the Scorpion for another $100. Scorpion has rear suspension, an included rear rack, maybe includes fenders, and has a fancier looking headlight.

I wish my Scrambler had a rear rack or some other way to transport groceries and stuff, other than using a backpack. I also wish it had rear suspension. Other than those two gripes it is a fantastic bike and is a blast to ride, highly recommended. The Scorpion seems to address those issues.

Indiegogo takes your money when you order, not when it ships. If they say it will ship in 6 months, plan on 8 months. Yes, it takes forever BUT I only paid $999 for my Scrambler, a $600 savings in exchange for being patient.

I’m considering a second ebike, the Scorpion or a Rad Runner, which is also $1299 BUT the Scorpion has much better specs all around. The main benefit of the Rad Runner is that it has an adjustable seat and a bunch of cargo options, and it’s available right now (well the first batch is sold out). If I get the Scorpion, I will have two interchangeable batteries, which is probably the way to go. The spare batteries by themselves are super expensive.

Last edited:
I’m considering a second ebike, the Scorpion or a Rad Runner...
Yeah, I was all ready to order a RadRunner (although I wanted a green one so was waiting for the second batch) and then the Scorpion was announced (sneaky there, Juiced). I still like the Runner, especially the adjustable seat. But I'd want fenders and then I was within $111 of the other Rad bikes and it didn't seem like as good a deal. Also, the Runner reminds me of the moped look I want, but the Scorpion pretty much is the moped I want. Except for that low non-adjustable seat. I'm sure It could be shimmed up somehow. It must come off for the other seat option. Looks like the controller is under the seat as well.

The seat.... I really need to know if it can be modified or moved up with some simple modification/fabrication. The Veego 750 has that large adjustable seat but the dorky t handlebars... What to do......

The seat.... I really need to know if it can be modified or moved up with some simple modification/fabrication.
I'm with you brother (or sister- can't tell). Juiced isn't saying. I don't think they want to say anything that could be interpreted as negative on their newest (and most original) bike. But as low as it looks, I'm starting to think this is a bike for people 5'6" and down. Maybe 5'8". Unless those are 24" tires (vs 20), which doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm with you brother (or sister- can't tell). Juiced isn't saying. I don't think they want to say anything that could be interpreted as negative on their newest (and most original) bike. But as low as it looks, I'm starting to think this is a bike for people 5'6" and down. Maybe 5'8". Unless those are 24" tires (vs 20), which doesn't appear to be the case.

Ya, I am a dude! 6-1 and 245 so this really needs to be NOT on the small side..

Comments from juiced on the video bold by me
  • "The super early rider price of $1,299 is available on a limited number of bikes, and this standard model features the 52V/13ah battery. The HyperScorpion will be offered at $1,999 for early riders and does come standard with the 52V/19/2ah battery. "
  • "The blue Scorpion will have spoked wheels. All of the HyperScorpion bikes will have mag wheels, and will be offered in blue, black or brushed aluminum."
  • "The HyperScorpion is an amazing value for all of the extra features: bigger battery, 1,000 watt motor, turn signals, rearview mirrors, torque & cadence pedal assist, and an integrated horn. Definitely worth more than the $700 price difference. The passenger kit will be offered for $129."
  • "...Our lowest price during the pre-sale will be $1,299 for the Scorpion and $1,999 for the HyperScorpion, but these quantities will be very limited and we expect them to sell out quickly when the campaign kicks off on 9/24. Following the Early RIder specials, the Indiegogo price will rise to $1,399 and then $1,499 for the duration of the campaign."

No responses to comments/questions about rider height that I saw.

Another video:

You can see at ~11 second mark that his knee comes really close to his elbow. Actually, if you replace the crank and put footpegs at the bottom bracket, then make it throttle only, the ergo wouldn't be too bad. Like the Bird version.

Back