The new turbo Vado 2017

So they just released even more Vados in the US and now show a Vado 6.0. I have enough money on the shops books cause they took back my Turbo S. It looks like the Vado 6.0 added a better shifter and a front shock. I know the shock will add more weight but would that be an improvement, should I cancel my 5.0 order and grab the new one win a front shock. I know all the video reviews on here, he always loves that front shock.
I would absolutely go for the front shock. The extra weight and power absorbing issues that are a concern on a standard bike are non-issues when you have E power. The extra comfort (and safety at higher speeds) will be well worth it, IMO.

I do not think anyone buys an electric bike for the speed of the race. It's about comfort, and to enjoy cycling. I used to have around 35 minutes to work and now with e-bike about 28-30 minutes. There are high slopes in both directions so my knees and back etc feel much better.

Maybe not. I'm just reacting to the advert. It shows a guy bicycling from (apparently) Bolinas to San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge, a distance of 32 miles. You don't want a slow bike for that.

I wonder why they went from a 36-spoke wheel down to 28 on the Vado. Excessive wheel strength is not one of the complaints I have heard about the Turbo.

I wonder why they went from a 36-spoke wheel down to 28 on the Vado. Excessive wheel strength is not one of the complaints I have heard about the Turbo.
With the motor no longer in the wheel, the rear wheel takes a lot less pounding. With the suspension fork, the front wheel also takes less pounding. I would guess the Vado to be just a bit lighter as well. DD hub drive has to have very heavy magnets to get adequate torque unlike geared hub or mid-drive.

Yeah but even the hard-forked Vado 5.0 has a 28h wheel, and I smashed the factory 36h front wheel on my Turbo in less than 90 days.

I have to admit the 6.0 is looking pretty slick with that fork, big motor, big battery, and almost reasonable price.

I have to admit the 6.0 is looking pretty slick with that fork, big motor, big battery, and almost reasonable price.

I do like all of that stuff, they are quoting early June for the 5.0 and mid July for the 6.0. I changed my order to the 6.0 for the fork. Curious what the horn sounds like. Looking forward to the reviews on here. I still feel like its so much money and with the July date, caught myself browsing the specialized website for a Nice new non E bike, looking at the road bikes and mountain bikes, but I have learned the the E bike keeps me riding everyday no matter how hot or cold cause it stays fun for me. July is around the corner, but the wait is killing me.

Those interested in the inner workings of the new Vados will find a well executed exploded diagram of the bike at this page on the Specialized New Zealand website. Scroll down a bit to find it. Likely found elsewhere as well, but new to me.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Haha, that's what my Turbo felt like every time I went over a bump before I put the Rockshox on!

Reactions: jwb
I'm waiting for the new mission control app for the new Turbo bikes, i can't pair my bike with the old one. . My dealer told me that the app will be out this week. Have You heard anything about this

I'm waiting for the new mission control app for the new Turbo bikes, i can't pair my bike with the old one. . My dealer told me that the app will be out this week. Have You heard anything about this
Haven't heard specifically a date, but it is imminent. It is incomplete without it.

Have had first review ride on the Vado 3.0. Will hopefully have a full review done soon. What I can say now is that the ride is much better than current Turbos. But I'd rather have an S or X than the 3.0 for the speed. Will have to wait for the 5.0/6.0

Thorough review! Do you happen to know what the claimed weight is for the other models? I'd really like to keep it under fifty pounds, as that is the design load limit for many bike carriers (on buses, trains, and streetcars).

By the way, I tried to post this comment on the review itself but I got a 403 (not authorized) error message from (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Thorough review! Do you happen to know what the claimed weight is for the other models? I'd really like to keep it under fifty pounds, as that is the design load limit for many bike carriers (on buses, trains, and streetcars).

By the way, I tried to post this comment on the review itself but I got a 403 (not authorized) error message from (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Oh, I see your other review for the 5.0 lists it at only 46 lbs. That is surprising! Isn't the only substantial difference from the 5.0 to the 6.0 the fork? The battery capacity, torque, and power are listed as the same.

Oh, I see your other review for the 5.0 lists it at only 46 lbs. That is surprising! Isn't the only substantial difference from the 5.0 to the 6.0 the fork? The battery capacity, torque, and power are listed as the same.
I believe so. The bike itself feels quite a bit lighter than the outgoing Turbos. The battery is surprisingly light.
I am thinking about going for a 6.0, though I am perfectly happy with my Turbo + S motor + Rockshox.

I guess they think it would be more Swiss to have a grey machine and some really garish Freitag panniers.

The 55lb measurement from Court is an actual number, not a mfg spec. While the 5.0 is a little less, the fork does not account for 8-9 lbs. The med frame vs a small accounts for something. Also, various other accoutrement probably factor in.

Given that the battery differences are minimal in weight, I would expect the 2.0 and 5.0 to be the lightest and the 3.0 and 6.0 to be equal.

Back