The "Hammer" is selling ebikes now ???!!! Lol

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
So disappointed... I thought this was going to be about the other Hammer.

1598975515316.png

I bought a towel rack and heater some 12 years ago. When It died last year they refunded my purchase price, $200, minus the original shipping cost. Stellar warranty service!

Wow, does the seat not adjust on that thing? Who actually makes that bike?

Attachments

• 64584E72-7C84-4B81-AF68-BBF6242CEB31.jpeg
    64584E72-7C84-4B81-AF68-BBF6242CEB31.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 276
They USED to be known for featuring unique or novel items you couldn't easily buy elsewhere. With this e-bike, they are about 5 to 7 years too late in terms of being 'novel.' ;)

Ummm, maybe not. Most people I've mentioned ebikes to have no idea what they are and for sure have no ken how popular they are with the likes of people here on this board.

Ummm, maybe not. Most people I've mentioned ebikes to have no idea what they are and for sure have no ken how popular they are with the likes of people here on this board.

Yes. And bike companies who have managed to hang on thru this virus debacle are poised to make an absolute killing. May the Lord help the supply chains come back to health! [praying hands]

Ebikes have just begun to inch toward mainstream.

Took my oldish Specialized MTB in to the LBS yesterday for new brakes. Midsized Texas Town in rural part of the State. Right at the front door was displayed a $5k Trek ebike. Gorgeous thing. So maybe maybe 'poised' might be better to say than 'inch toward'. IDK

Good ole Hammacher Schlemmer. (thought they went out of business).

In typical Hammacher Schlemmer fashion... their bike is twice the price of similar mail-order bikes.

It looks a bit like the Lectric eBike offered at $899 vs. $1,800 for the HS eBike. ;)

1599060054110.png

In typical Hammacher Schlemmer fashion... their bike is twice the price of similar mail-order bikes.

It looks a bit like the Lectric eBike offered at $899 vs. $1,800 for the HS eBike. ;)

View attachment 64200
Yep.
The gap isn't as bad as the Rambo Krusader though. $4300 for an ebike that has the same component level as a $1500 fat tire ebike, except they added one extra motor in the front hub, and some camo paint. Pathetic. And no gears. Single cog.

Yep.
The gap isn't as bad as the Rambo Krusader though.

$4300 for an ebike that has the same component level as a $1500 fat tire ebike, except they added one extra motor in the front hub, and some camo paint. Pathetic. And no gears. Single cog.

I am surprised that Hammacher Schlemmer is still in business... they exclusively market to people with more money than brains. ;)

Back