The 4 Big Groups of Ebike owners

Ebiker01

Sorted from Higher priced to Lower priced Ebikes:

1) Mostly 7k+ :

R&M, Stromer, M1 Spitzing , Bultaco*, Stealth*, HPC*, Optibike*, Delfast* , Greyp , Swind *

TREK : 15 out of ALL 51 ebikes >= 7k

Eroad :

Emtb :

Ecity: 0 models

SPECIALized : 20 ebike models out of ALL 44 ebike models are >= 7000$

Cannondale : Only 3 out of 34 models are above 7k

BULLS: 6 out of over 100+ Ebike models !!

This German brand is very impresive with a TON of models, great performance and prices !!

Copperhead Evo Am4/Ecore Evo En 27.5/Adventure Evo AM 27.5/ Sonic EVo AMS-L, AMS-2 , ENS 2

Their website does not include all Ebike models on same webpage to be filtered , they list them by categories so I have included only the emountain bikes as a reference:

87 models😳 to choose from :

CANYON: 3 out of 8

Cube : Stereo HPC 140/160

Giant : Only 1 out of 18 ! Reign E+0 Pro

Orbea : 11 out of 37 over or = 7k

Another very impressive(price/performance) European(Spain) brand !

Emtb. : https://www.orbea.com/us-en/ebikes/mountain/cat

Eroad: https://www.orbea.com/us-en/ebikes/road/cat

Looks like we have a Bulls/Orbea vs Trek/Specialized showdown !

2) From around 2.5-6k, maybe 7k max. :

Gazelle, Kalkoff, Moustache, Bh( no longer present in Us), Giant, Specialized, Trek, Ohm, Orbea, Raleigh ,Haibike, Bmc, Canyon, Cube,Yamaha , Kona, Luna, Bulls, Gocycle, Tern , Wattwagon , DiamondBack, Dost , Pedego, Felt and a few others that i missed b/c their sales are low in Us.

3). 900$-2.5k , 3.5k max., usually tops is @2.5k

Aventon, Rad, Biktrix , Espin, Flx, Izip, Juiced, Lectric, M2S, Magnum, Sondors, Surface, Genze , Ride1Up, Voltbike, Espin, EFrey , Flx , Izip, Ecotric, Eflow, Evelo, ProdecoTech

Under 900$, Very unreliable ebikes , they are disqualified.

There is also the DIY ebike category , but this one is treated as a separated entity since there are 2k projects out there or 10k home made ebikes. Also since the brands are mostly unknown , exception being the motors which mostly are from Bafang, it is hard to track what is popular and what is not.
DIY group certainly is growing fast and has many members !

Some upcoming brands that could become popular: Coleen(Cat. 1), Harley-Davidson Serial 1(cat. 2) Zen (Cat. 3).

It is worth noting that the 5 most popular brands , analyzed based on the nr. of
EBR thread messages are:

1) Specialized (20.4k)😉- a lot of specialized riders there ! Fyi : Trek is @5.messages.

2) Rad Power (13.8k) - that's rad...

3) Juiced (13.3k)- many got juiced here(poor cs) but neverthless volume speaks...

4)Stromer (10.2k)- Great , almost flawless design, although their CS and occasional ebike issue are not on par.

It is worth noting that this brand +Greyp+ Coleen are the only ones that supply Gps 3g/4g anti theft on their ebikes

5) Lectric (8.6k) - Big surprise here, this
brand is on a run.

This chart also , very closely , reflects the top sellers in Us. Who wants to bet ?

Congrats to all the brands and to Specialized, their great range of ebikes(road/mtb./commuter) , smart marketing, dealers, warranty, great tech. , keeps them on top 🥇.

W/o a doubt that's a lot of ebike brands (50+) and a lot of them have diff. electric/motor components , so unlike cars of american or asian origin , this parts are not interchangeable.

* Please read the manual and pay Xtreme caution riding this 40+mph ebikes !! U should have at least 3+years of ebike/moto riding b4 getting 1 of those.

Last edited:
2(Bh) from Group 2 here, maybe later an R&M on sale(under 7k) , with warranty , would be nice .
same 100%! i love my highpower middrives so im firmly planted in groups two and three,the only thing tempting me in group one are the R&Ms! some of them are just stunning! i would not mind owning a Multicharger,Load or even a Packster down the road, we will see, those bikes in group one are pricey even used so i would have to be sure that im going to want to ride it and ride it often!

First ebike was in Group 3: FLX
Second ebike was in Group 2: Gazelle
Third ebike is in Group 2: Cannondale
I doubt I'll ever buy from Group 1.
But there's little doubt that Group 1 bikes are expanding e-Bike ownership faster than the other two groups combined - Thousands of new riders who would never consider spending $2,500 to $3,000 or more to get back into biking are doing so now that you can buy a quality e-Bike for $1K or less

Don

I wish I knew how to post pictures because I saw something too funny. We have a counter top business in the are and they have the worst spray painted sign out front advertising "electric bikes! $500-$800" or something like that. I'll get a better picture this week. My wife actually noticed it and asked what kind of ebike you get for under $1000. This counter top business is near the Union Mission. Curious to know what "brands" they are.

Every time I ride my Lectric XP I'm even more amazed at how they can build something of that quality, sell it for less than $900 with free shipping . . . . and still make money. 500 watts, 7 speeds, 48 volts, 10 amps, fenders front and rear, very sturdy luggage rack, I got a free set of panniers, plus a 10% military discount. They're certainly making eBikes affordable. Maybe they only cost $500 to manufacture and with a $100 shipping bill they could still be making $250 or so?? Maybe the average $3,500 bike only costs $1,500 to manufacture and several middlemen are making good money manufacturing, shipping, distributing them to dealers and those dealers are all making a few hundred?

I know I for one would never be interested in spending $3,500 for a bike, no matter how great it was . . . . though I did spend $2,500 for a trike for my wife

Don

Maybe the average $3,500 bike only costs $1,500 to manufacture and several middlemen
That is true ! I've heard it from several people in the biz. Usually 40% mark up @store, another 30% from the brand after it leaves the Taiwan/China factory.

Then kudos all around to a group of enthusiasts who designed the Lectric line with the aim of eliminating the middlemen and selling direct to the public at a price the average person can afford. The bikes aren't the lightest, nor the most powerful but they are certainly rugged and are a tremendous value for the dollar, which is what they were aiming for

Don

I agree alphacarina, I'm amazed at the price point of my Rad Runner every time I ride it. I'll try to get to the counter top store and see what their selling. But the sign out front is so sketchy!

Every time I ride my Lectric XP I'm even more amazed at how they can build something of that quality, sell it for less than $900 with free shipping . . . . and still make money. 500 watts, 7 speeds, 48 volts, 10 amps, fenders front and rear, very sturdy luggage rack, I got a free set of panniers, plus a 10% military discount. They're certainly making eBikes affordable. Maybe they only cost $500 to manufacture and with a $100 shipping bill they could still be making $250 or so?? Maybe the average $3,500 bike only costs $1,500 to manufacture and several middlemen are making good money manufacturing, shipping, distributing them to dealers and those dealers are all making a few hundred?

I know I for one would never be interested in spending $3,500 for a bike, no matter how great it was . . . . though I did spend $2,500 for a trike for my wife

Don
Dont worry you will be willing to spend more. The XP is the gateway drug into Ebikes. I know- Im waiting on my 4th ebike to show up...

Sorted from Higher priced to Lower priced:

1) Mostly 7k+ :

R&M, Stromer, M1 Spitzing , Bultaco*, Stealth*, HPC*, Optibike*, Delfast* , Greyp , Swind *

Gazelle, Kalkoff, Moustache, Bh( no longer present in Us), Giant, Specialized, Trek, Ohm, Orbea, Raleigh ,Haibike, Bmc, Canyon, Cube,Yamaha , Kona, Luna, Bulls, Gocycle, Tern , Wattwagon , DiamondBack, Dost , Pedego, Felt and a few others that i missed b/c their sales are low in Us.

Aventon, Rad, Biktrix , Espin, Flx, Izip, Juiced, Lectric, M2S, Magnum, Sondors, Surface, Genze , Ride1Up, Voltbike, Espin, EFrey , Flx , Izip, Ecotric, Eflow, Evelo, ProdecoTech

Some upcoming brands that could become popular: Coleen(Cat. 1), Harley-Davidson Serial 1(cat. 2) Zen (Cat. 3).

It is worth noting that the 5 most popular brands , analyzed based on the nr. of
EBR thread messages are:

1) Specialized (20.4k)😉- a lot of specialized riders there ! Fyi : Trek is @5.messages.

3) Juiced (13.3k)- many got juiced here(poor cs) but neverthless volume speaks...

4)Stromer (10.2k)- Great , almost flawless design, although their CS and occasional ebike issue are not on par.

It is worth noting that this brand +Greyp+ Coleen are the only ones that supply Gps 3g/4g anti theft on their ebikes

brand is on a run.

This chart also , very closely , reflects the top sellers in Us. Who wants to bet ?

Congrats to all the brands and to Specialized, their great range of ebikes(road/mtb./commuter) , smart marketing, dealers, warranty, great tech. , keeps them on top 🥇.

W/o a doubt that's a lot of ebike brands (50+) and a lot of them have diff. electric/motor components , so unlike cars of american or asian origin , this parts are not interchangeable.

* Please read the manual and pay Xtreme caution riding this 40+mph ebikes !! U should have at least 3+years of ebike/moto riding b4 getting 1 of those.
Interesting,I couldn't get rid of my XP fast enough, case in point though give them an A for Value and advertising and am in the process of trading my "Yamee' for a garden tractor.

Don
Good call for your Wife, Uncle "Joe Stalin" was quoted as saying" Quantity has a quality all its own" these People are selling so many pretty good bikes( price point) they are making good money, they got into "it" at the right time, you cannot argue with success( now if they would start selling a trike-maybe I will email them and see, if "affirmative" I will post on this forum)

Dont worry you will be willing to spend more. The XP is the gateway drug into Ebikes. I know- Im waiting on my 4th ebike to show up...
I guess I'm just not into 'drugs' - I would be willing to bet you the price of your 4th eBike that my XP will remain the first and last eBike you'll ever see me buy. It does everything I hoped it would do when I bought it. Folds up compactly and fits inside my motorhome, makes the grocery runs, is capable enough off-road, has more battery power than I'll ever use in a single day, and it didn't break the bank when I bought it. I have a built in aversion for spending any money on overpriced things, which is why I've never owned an iPhone, an iPad or a Mac, among other 'popular' toys

Don

1) Mostly 7k+ :

EBR thread messages are:

brand is on a run.

Going to check Zen out.

1) Mostly 7k+ :

EBR thread messages are:

brand is on a run.

I hope I never get this bored.

FG.puke.gif

Back