That pesky battery rubber charge port cover.

the sugru stuff gave me a idea, moldable ear plugs. can be had in colors wont stick in the plug hole, like rubber after a 10 min cure, can mold in a eyelet to attach a retainer. can buy cords that mold into the ear plug material. sugru seemed to sticky to mold into the plug without risk you cant remove it.

I can print you what you need man. Just PM me your info and what you want, short tail, long tail etc.. The difference is the tail on the short one points to the bottom and the long tail points towards the USB port. Point is I can customize it.

The more I think about it, I may add a short tail on the long tail version.

I am just unsure the best way to ship it. Don't want it it get squished but don't want to have to find boxes. Always something. :)
Sorry, got busy with life. I will figure out shipping. Get beck to you in a week or so.

I was advised to use dielectric grease on the port cover. I did this on both our chargers and slipped right in with little effort.

The grease is for electrical connections to keep them from corroding. I read it is mostly for high pressure electrical connections but people seem to be having success.

I was advised to use dielectric grease on the port cover. I did this on both our chargers and slipped right in with little effort.

The grease is for electrical connections to keep them from corroding. I read it is mostly for high pressure electrical connections but people seem to be having success.

That is great advice. If it allows you to use the original cover that is even better. I may give that a try myself if I get some. My only issue with this is I hate having grease all over my stuff and hands. So it better take a very very small amount to work. Also grease attracts dirt and dust.
So unsure this would be good for the long term but I look forward to others reports.

That is great advice. If it allows you to use the original cover that is even better. I may give that a try myself if I get some. My only issue with this is I hate having grease all over my stuff and hands. So it better take a very very small amount to work. Also grease attracts dirt and dust.
So unsure this would be good for the long term but I look forward to others reports.

Yeah, it doesn't take much and you don't have to touch the grease except when it needs more, even so, can use a cue tip, clean it out every couple weeks to avoid dirt but if its closed, no dirt. Don't put so much on that it oozes out the sides and is on the outside. Dielectric grease is silicon based so its not that thick. I just put it around the inner plug part that goes into the hole and slid right in.

You got a cad file? I can have a coworker print it out?

<3D printer jargon ahead>
The problem is you can't print this is ABS or PLA/PETG. It requires the nylon bridge filament (or similar) to be strong enough since it is so thin and small. With the other materials the plug part just breaks away from the back and so does the tail.
</3D printer jargon ahead>

So the point is it takes special setup to print this design.

Last edited:
I tried to trim the rubber flap that keeps popping open on the battery charge port multiple times and once in awhile I could get it to stay plugged in but not always. I finally just cut it off and looked for other solutions such as a screw cap cover but could not find any glue strong enough to hold it to the battery case.
(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)View attachment 16821 View attachment 16822

I finally hit on a simple solution. Gorilla Tape. Just a piece of tape with one end folded over to give a sort of grip handle. Seems to be holding up fine and if ever the tape becomes worn, new tape. If anyone has found another good solution please let me know.
I myself I put a little oring lube on it went right in

Back