Teo owners, have you checked your bikes speedo vs GPS?

Falken

I noticed the other day while riding that my bikes speedometer/odometer was a little off compared to the cycling app I use on my phone. I tried another GPS app and found the same results. I have switched tires, so not sure if this will be the case with the factory kendas. My bike was out 7% to the negative. Meaning if my GPS is telling me I'm going 10km/h, my bike is saying I'm going 9.3km/h. The odometer shows the same with distance (as it should). I needed to adjust the tire size in settings from 26 to 28 to get the proper reading,(thanks Stephane). It is still off a by a percent, but closer to being accurate. Just wondered if anyone else has found this, or if it's because I've changed rubber.

I noticed the other day while riding that my bikes speedometer/odometer was a little off compared to the cycling app I use on my phone. I tried another GPS app and found the same results. I have switched tires, so not sure if this will be the case with the factory kendas. My bike was out 7% to the negative. Meaning if my GPS is telling me I'm going 10km/h, my bike is saying I'm going 9.3km/h. The odometer shows the same with distance (as it should). I needed to adjust the tire size in settings from 26 to 28 to get the proper reading,(thanks Stephane). It is still off a by a percent, but closer to being accurate. Just wondered if anyone else has found this, or if it's because I've changed rubber.

Glad you ask.

I did check and mine was right on. It would show the same. I have the Kenda original tires.

IMG_9491.JPG
That final 1% difference you're talking about can probably be explained by rolling radius vs the unloaded radius of your wheel/tire assembly. To obtain the rolling radius you would need to position the wheel perfectly vertical, pressurized at your normal psi, and loaded with the cyclist and any other load such as a backpack. Measure vertically from the rolling surface to the axle centerline and multiply by 2(3.1416) to get the rolling circumference. Yeah, I know, way too much time on my hands these days, heh heh.

Mine was also off so I changed the tire size to 29". @Falken, I noticed you used 28"; 29" seems pretty close for me, but I'll keep an eye on it and might switch to 28" if it's still off.

Mine was also off so I changed the tire size to 29". @Falken, I noticed you used 28"; 29" seems pretty close for me, but I'll keep an eye on it and might switch to 28" if it's still off.
Interesting....I understand why mine might be off but @Denis Shelston said his was reading correctly. Do you mind me asking what pressure you are running in your tires?

Do you mind me asking what pressure you are running in your tires?
I'm running about 20 PSI for a mix of asphalt and trails, but keep in mind that I'm just a shade under 300 lbs, so (literally!) YMMV. Did a long ride today (about 60 kms) and the GPS and Teo display were within a km of each other, so I'm happy with that.

Looks like you have it dialed in! I had to look up YMMV. First thing that entered my mind was "you make music videos" lol. Never seen that one used before:D

Looks like you have it dialed in! I had to look up YMMV.
Pretty sure it stands for "Yugo Makes Marvelous Vehicles" :p

I double-checked both odometers following my commute to and from work yesterday and my phone said 72.5 km while the Téo had 72.2 km. Pretty close!

Back