Tandem trike with hub motor

Alice Hulbert

Hi guys! I have a Very big trike but I know it will be fun- just don’t know how to set the torque sensor- motor keeps shutting down. I had it installed by a local bike shop, but they’re not sure what’s going on either. I’m in Minneapolis, not a huge number of E’Bike here yet. I’m learning a lot from this community!

It would sure help if you would share any information at all about the electrical system. Brand and style of motor, voltage, if you or they bought the system, etc...

I have a terra trike Rover with a tandem extension that I got to take my son biking, he is disabled and isn’t super strong at pedaling and weighs 210. I found going uphill was way more workout than I want on a regular basis! So had a bike shop add a Falco 750 hub motor, but having a few problems. It works with Bluetooth and the Falco flash BLE app for iPhone but won’t stay connected more than a couple of minutes, so getting data to see exactly what happens when it shutsdown is tricky. It can run well on perfect flat, but drops out when I turn a corner or on pavement that slopes off to the right or left- just doesn’t work well with terrain change. Bike shop has contacted the manufacturer for advice but no solid ideas yet-

The motor will reset and start if I turn the battery off and back on, but having to do that 4-5 times on a 10 mile ride

Attachments

• D7A3804E-FF5A-4FEE-B9E7-DE10CEAC77BC.jpeg
    D7A3804E-FF5A-4FEE-B9E7-DE10CEAC77BC.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 347
That could be either the battery or the controller or motor.
The builder should deal with it, but you are here because he didn't yet.
See this thread https://electricbikereview.com/foru...est-your-battery-befor-30-days-expires.25134/ for a $50 setup to test the capacity and current capability of the battery.
From full charge, If the battery wiill put out 750 W without falling below 40 v (on 48 v bat) , and has the advertised capacity, (test rig discharge amps times hours before reaching 40 v) then start thinking about buying a replacement wheel/motor and controller.

That could be either the battery or the controller or motor.
The builder should deal with it, but you are here because he didn't yet.
See this thread https://electricbikereview.com/foru...est-your-battery-befor-30-days-expires.25134/ for a $50 setup to test the capacity and current capability of the battery.
From full charge, If the battery wiill put out 750 W without falling below 40 v (on 48 v bat) , and has the advertised capacity, (test rig discharge amps times hours before reaching 40 v) then start thinking about buying a replacement wheel/motor and controller.
Thank you- this is complicated! Definitely have to get the bike shop involved!

Back