Syncdrive pro motor whining noise

KuRi

Hi!

I got my motor replaced a week ago because it suddenly stopped switching on. The motor is working great, smooth and powerful but today I noticed a "new" noise. It is not the classic motor noise of this motor, it is a high pitched whining (it sounds more like a whistle to me) than increases in pitch as the assistance increases.

I think I can remember the old motor doing the same noise but only sometimes under high torque requirements.

Have you noticed something similar?

AUDIO CLIP: https://sndup.net/6wsn/giant+motor+noise.mp3

Thanks!!!

No idea but let me be Captain Oblivious and say I would take bike back to whoever replaced it and ask them if motor is functioning properly.

Thanks I just did that and everything is working smooth and correctly just like the original one :)

I usually ride with helmet with speakers so not so noticeable :D

My La Free motor sounds nothing like that! That sounds like a jet engine winding up - can't imagine that's normal.

Yepp... exactly, the original motor did not sound like that but as long as the motor is running fine they won’t replace it again.

Hopefully It will work fine forever or will break again and I’ll get a new replacement.

However not all motors sound the same And I have heard something similar in other bikes...

My Explore E+ does make a similar whine under heavy torque but not nearly as loud. It may just be the placement of your mic My partner's La Free also is wispier quite. She has the belt drive so it make no noise. I don't know if it's my imagination but I started to notice the 'whine' after firmware upgrade to Ride Control 1.4.5. Maybe not, can't remember but it's within the last few months.

I am not 100% sure, but I can remember the same whine under heavy torque on the original motor, and only sometimes... That's why I think it can be normal and depending on each motor...

Thanks for your experience, very helpful!

Back