Swap Cruiser Handlebars onto Level?

AdamW

Region
USA
Has anyone swapped handlebars on their Level to more of a cruiser style handlebar? I love all of the upgrades (from the Pace 500) on my new Level except for the handlebars. I've had a Gary Fisher hybrid (Trek) for the last 20 years and love the feel of that bike where I'm sitting up a bit more than being hunched over like a mountain bike or road bike. I'm wanting something similar to what comes on the Pace 500, but not necessarily as curved, just not as straight of a bar as what comes on the Level as I like sitting up a bit more when I ride and the straight bar is actually causing my wrists to go numb. I just reached out to Aventon for suggestions, but figured I would tap this group for any experiences you might have. Thanks in advance for your input!

Hi.
I just did the opposite. I took off the cruiser bars on my Pace 500 and added a Wake MTB bar. No issues. Find something with a nice rise and sweep on Amazon
. A lot of choices. Just make sure it’s the 31.8 mm size and be sure to torque the bolts when you mount it to the stem.

Another option would be to install an adjustable stem, which will both raise the handlebar and bring it a little closer to you. Or you could do both! I believe there's a thread here where people successfully changed their stems.

Good idea, Adam. Based on threads I read here I already swapped my stem and that helped, but I find the (non)angle of the handlebars too much for how I like to ride. I'm definitely going to have to do something about the handlebars. I just hope the break and motor lines are long enough...

I recently did a Vado with a moustache bar. And an old mountain bike . Both guys had carpal tunnel and had to have wrist braces when ridding.

Attachments

• HBupdate04.JPG
    HBupdate04.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 371
Hi.
I just did the opposite. I took off the cruiser bars on my Pace 500 and added a Wake MTB bar. No issues. Find something with a nice rise and sweep on Amazon
. A lot of choices. Just make sure it’s the 31.8 mm size and be sure to torque the bolts when you mount it to the stem.
Key West Rick. I'm actually thinking the Pace 500 handlebars would be perfect, but it seems Aventon doesn't sell them. Do you still have those factory Pace 500 handlebars? ;-)

Back