Suspension Collapse

Christopher85083

Roughly 980 miles on my Rad Rover, and my front suspension collapsed while riding.

I didn't even notice what happened at first, just that it 'felt funny'. It wasn't until I left work that night that I noticed what the problem was. I ride canal trails and bike lanes mostly, probably 98% pavement miles.

The guys at RPB were great, and I have an upgraded fork coming in the mail. Looking forward to trying that out.

Is your old suspension a MOZO, with stiffness adjustment on top of the left fork tube and lockout on top of the right tube? I'll be interested to hear what your upgraded one is.

Mark -

Is your old suspension a MOZO, with stiffness adjustment on top of the left fork tube and lockout on top of the right tube? I'll be interested to hear what your upgraded one is.

Mark -

Yes, that's the one.

The new fork is something by Top Gun, but I haven't seen it yet, so not sure about any specifics.

Yikes ... So did you have to park the bike until the new fork arrives, or were you able to use the lock-out and keep riding?

New fork arrived today. It is a huge improvement in stiffness over the original fork, and appears it will be much more stable.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it have the same stiffness and lockout controls on the top of the fork tubes? It looks like it might, but I can't tell for sure...

Mark -

Back