Support in Canada

Dmac

Region
Canada
Any other Canadians experiencing support issues with their Element? I'm so frustrated that I am seriously considering selling my bike and buying a bike from the Internet. I bought from a brick and mortar because I thought I could get extra support but I've found I am completely on my own. I have an issue with loose spokes and the place I bought it from offered "well that shouldn't happen" as support. I had to call Pedego and get them to open a ticket and even if they need to send out parts I doubt the shop I bought from is interested in helping. I started the process of getting an extra battery January 3. I had to call back every week to ask if it had been ordered. It finally was ordered January 28 and it still had not come in from California. I have started calling every week since we hit the 3 week mark and the vender promises to call back with information and never does. Honestly if I had bought an online bike the support would be no worse.

Last edited:
Wow! What a difference between Pedego Canada and the US. Bad service like this from a Pedego dealer is rare south of the border.

Is there another dealer within reasonable driving distance? Are you too far north to consider driving to a US dealer?

There is no excuse for the loose spoke issue you're having. It is likely the wheel wasn't assembled properly. If you are comfortable removing the wheel yourself, another possibility might be to take it to another independent bike repair shop and have them true it up & replace spokes if necessary. You would have to pay for the work yourself since the warranty won't cover it but I doubt it would cost much.

Wow! What a difference between Pedego Canada and the US. Bad service like this from a Pedego dealer is rare south of the border.

Is there another dealer within reasonable driving distance? Are you too far north to consider driving to a US dealer?

There is no excuse for the loose spoke issue you're having. It is likely the wheel wasn't assembled properly. If you are comfortable removing the wheel yourself, another possibility might be to take it to another independent bike repair shop and have them true it up & replace spokes if necessary. You would have to pay for the work yourself since the warranty won't cover it but I doubt it would cost much.
I'm glad you said that because sometimes you just wonder if you're nuts for thinking the support is bad. I know that all the Americans talk about what great support Pedego gives them and I've had some shop owners in the US reach out to me in the past about who to call etc.

As for a dealer in the US, I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to drive quite a distance. I'm in southern Ontario and not that far from the US border (as are most Canadians) but upstate NY would be closest for me and there isn't anything there. It would be nice to drive over the border with my bike, get a battery and drive back but that doesn't seem to be like an option.

The loose spoke thing: I had them initially tightened at the 160km (100 mi) period. Since the shop I bought it from didn't really think I should do this, I paid out of pocket and when to Velofix to have it done. Then it happened again in January so again Velofix corrected it. I then contacted the shop and got the response above so I called Pedego in California and they opened up a ticket and they are keeping it open for me to monitor. They were helpful and offered a few suggestions. They said they could send out new rims if required or maybe something to keep the spokes tight. I will probably take the bike to a shop to have that done (again will be out of pocket).

Just an update. I finally just decided to tell Pedego my sad story not with the hope of resolving anything (I didn’t even mention names), but just to let them know that their brand was being tarnished. So I sent them my timelines of notes for every call over two months. They forwarded my email to Pedego Canada who got in touch immedirately, ordered the battery, refunded the shipping charge & and sent me some swag with a nice rear light for my bike. I just picked up my battery this weekend & got the other goodies yesterday. Hurray!

I am seriously considering selling my bike and buying a bike from the Internet.
That may be going from the frying pan to the fire. Online bikes for the most part make YOU the tech support.

Just an update. I finally just decided to tell Pedego my sad story not with the hope of resolving anything (I didn’t even mention names), but just to let them know that their brand was being tarnished. So I sent them my timelines of notes for every call over two months. They forwarded my email to Pedego Canada who got in touch immedirately, ordered the battery, refunded the shipping charge & and sent me some swag with a nice rear light for my bike. I just picked up my battery this weekend & got the other goodies yesterday. Hurray!
Apparently, someone got an "attitude adjustment"!

Glad you finally got some results!

The owner is very forgetful and I wouldn't be surprised if he has dementia. He is selling the business which is probably good. It was clear to me that he had never managed to order the battery though he thought he had. I think he struggles with the online system.

Back