Suggestions requested for best hitch bike rack for Juiced RipCurrent S

EdS59

I am new to biking and I am purchasing a Juiced RipCurrent S. I need to get a bike rack that can handle the weight of this bike and secure it solidly. As this bike has fenders, which racks are eliminated and which ones work well? All suggestions and assistance is appreciated. Ed

Thule EasyFold XT2 is a popular option, when available. I went with the Motow carrier and option lift. My requirements were for 2 bikes with very different wheel sizes and wheelbases as well as easily changing between a 1 1/4" hitch receiver and a 2" receiver.

If you just have a single bike and a 2" receiver then I would strongly suggest looking at motorcycle carriers. They can carry 400-600lb easily, tie-down options and are much cheaper than either of the first two options.

Swagman and others have good options too, but you need workarounds for the fenders etc. but there are ways around that.

Thank you for the information. It is very helpful as there are a million options out there and some experienced advice is appreciated.

Thule EasyFold XT2 is a popular option, when available. I went with the Motow carrier and option lift. My requirements were for 2 bikes with very different wheel sizes and wheelbases as well as easily changing between a 1 1/4" hitch receiver and a 2" receiver.

If you just have a single bike and a 2" receiver then I would strongly suggest looking at motorcycle carriers. They can carry 400-600lb easily, tie-down options and are much cheaper than either of the first two options.

Swagman and others have good options too, but you need workarounds for the fenders etc. but there are ways around that.
I like this idea, and would have gotten a Moto rack, but I was limited to 1 1/4 inch hitch.

Thule is popular, but its $900 and not all ratings great.

I have to admit that I am jealous of my neighbors Saris MTR2, but not into the $1000 price tag. I bought a basic Sportrack Crest Locking model with fat tire trays, and it works really well for one e-bike on the cheap. I would not trust it with 2 e-bikes. I have large fenders as well, and the platform tray with center post style is ideal.

If I need to haul 2 heavy e-bikes in the future, I'll probably lean towards a yakima 4 timer/swagman xtc 4 or similar, and just strip off 2 sets of trays so it's roomier and still within the weight range.

I like this idea, and would have gotten a Moto rack, but I was limited to 1 1/4 inch hitch.

Thule is popular, but its $900 and not all ratings great.
I have the Moto rack and asked for both a 1 1/4" and 2" stingers so that I can use my truck (2" hitch) or my wife's car (1 1/4" hitch). Takes me < 3 minutes to change between them. If you go without the lift option then the price is about half the Thule EasyFold XT2. With the lift option it's similar to the Thule, especially if you add the Thule extended ramp.

I have used the Rockymounts BackStage for over a year. It's been great. A bit heavy but has the ability to swing away to open the rear tailgate while the bikes are mounted.

van_rack.jpg

Back