Heavy E Bike hitch rack with ramp?

I also have a Thule Easy Fold. The only thing bad I can say about it is they aren’t cheap. I originally got the longer ramp for mine but have stopped using it. If I take the battery out of our bike they weigh about 40 pounds and I just lift them up. With the ramp and walk mode it was fairly easy to drive them up the ramp.

I use the dealer-recommended Thule EasyFold XT for that purpose. Versatile 2-bike hitch rack with ramp stored within the rack. Rolls on little wheels when folded up. Heavy duty but surprisingly light and easy to get on the hitch.

Double-check the weight rating. Mostly use it for my bike alone but seems up to the task when both of our step-thrus are on it. Guessing each is pushing 70 lb kitted out.
How do you lock down the bikes and is there a change in weight limit if you put it on an RV?

How do you lock down the bikes and is there a change in weight limit if you put it on an RV?
No idea about the weight limit. Official product page?

Just use the swing arms on the rack to hold the bikes in place. Don't use it often and have yet to use it in a situation where the bikes would be left on the rack unattended. Guess I'd try our folding locks.

On the Thule Easy Fold we have there is an arm with a clamp that you tighten down until it ratchets. It has a lock on it so the knob just spins without loosening. I’m not sure it would stop a determined thief but it would help.

Ratchet strap on the wheels and there are 2 adjustable clamps that clamp to the top tube or seat tube to keep the bikes separate and in place. The arms can slide to any spot on their mounting tube as well as pivot and the clamps rotate so you can accommodate almost any configuration of bikes.

Not sure about the weight, but in my case it was about the only option that could handle an ebike on a class 1 hitch. Rated for 2 65lb bikes.

Edit: To add to what Dodgeman said, the handles and the rack itself are keyed and can be locked. Obviously that would just prevent an opportunistic thief, not a determined one.

1000003741.jpg

It looks like a great rack. Next time I am in the city, I will look it up. Do you know if it is rated for use on an RV?

Depends?

Most Thule hitch mounted bike racks are rated for safe use on standard consumer-use cars and trucks, and many Class B and C extended wheel-base recreational vehicles when used with the appropriately sized hitch. Always refer to the bike rack's user manual to confirm vehicle compatibility.

The Thule Range bike rack is the only hitch rack certified for use on towed trailers and Class A motorhomes

The Thule Epose is rated at 75lbs per bike. I am assuming that a class C RV will be the same.

I use mine on a full sized pickup with a class IV hitch. It should work on a RV fine.

Back