Stromer throttle - is it awkward to hold the display button?

Operator7

From what I have been told, the "Boost" mode is when you press the plus button on the display and hold it down, and this acts as a throttle. Is this hard/awkward to use, in your personal experience?

Also, why did Stromer, with all of its measures to create the highest quality bike, omit a throttle?!!

And why does the Boost have a default of only 12 mph max speed? Especially when other bikes have a max throttle speed of 20 mph.

Never find a need for any boost when in mode 3. I live in the Pacific Northwest and between Seattle and Portland face some of the toughest hills in the country and the ST2 Kicks **s on all of them! A throttle would just be redundant IMHO...

Good stuff! My thinking is that the boost/throttle would be useful for being able to give the legs a rest, when you could just cruise for a minute or three. The eFlow has a throttle which can be used during pedal assist... I just don't get why the ST1 and ST2 weren't made with this same feature :(

LOL ST2 Boosts mode! , why would I use it. I can't even go that slow with the bike in level 1 mode. I'm not even sure why they have this feature. Does anyone use this?

I'm not sure, but I believe that many are using the unlock code to allow the Boost/throttle to go up to 20mph (or more).

LOL ST2 Boosts mode! , why would I use it.

My experience with the ST2

For better riding, I've set the saddle slightly higher than the handle bar. Once underway, the saddle slides down to the frame. I found myself sitting like a frog on the ST2. Luckily, there was BOOST to accelerate upon a reasonable speed. From this point, I was able to pedal with limited strength...

For better riding, I've set the saddle slightly higher than the handle bar. Once underway, the saddle slides down to the frame. I found myself sitting like a frog on the ST2. Luckily, there was BOOST to accelerate upon a reasonable speed. From this point, I was able to pedal with limited strength...
OMG that is Funny.

The boost speed is configurable like almost everything. And yes I find it awkward to use for more than 10 seconds.

Why didn't you stop and raise the seat and tighten the clamp?

The boost mode limit, the peddle assist only, etc....... Are all smart and have had considerable thought put in them for one reason(imo)- to stay in a gray area of laws and future laws concerning there bicycle status.
I jail broke my st1 thru codes I found here and happily cruise at 20mph, when my personal oxygen levels need a break. Holding button in is not hard, and a simple rubber band mod will do it for you. I enjoy the pedaling, but especially appreciate the bikes speed. You should not feel guilty about using the button, we are all taking advantage of the electric help, 25mph boost is just using what you need. Unless you are juiced up like Lance, all those hard core bikers are fighting to keep up their speed- prolly the most important aspect of their ride. We will figure it out- I'm sure it's there. My st1 has no problem cruising 20 mph on boost for a few minutes here and there- it may even appreciate it- not having its crank turning constantly. Lol
I will say st2 gets up to mid 20's + and maintains those speeds with less effort than my beloved st1 gets up to and hold around 22mph.I likely will rarely use my soon to be jail broke 25mph boost. Nice to know its there, just in case.

Back