Stromer ST2 2017 - Is it worth to have?

Archie

Hi,
My name is Artur and I'm from Warsaw (Poland).
I was looking for some pages or forums where I could ask about Stromer ST2 and that's how I found your site.
In Poland, this brand is probably not very well known, because I did not find any forum about this bike.
I have a request for advice on buying a Stromer ST2 (814Wh, frame 17", wheels 26") bicycle for my wife (160cm). I have the opportunity (is it?) to buy such a bike at a price of 3140 EUR. In the pictures it looks great.
This bike will be in 70-75% used in the city but it is also planned to be used in the field. Trips 1-3 weeks, 50-80 km a day, dirt roads, forests, hills. Expeditions with panniers, of course.
Could you advise me what should I pay attention to during the review before buying?
I suspect that there is no warranty anymore
:mrgreen:

Is it really worth to buy?
If my wife decides to buy this bike, is there something we should get with the bike? Keys, cards, anything else?
Regards Artur
PS Do you know why this model is not on stromerbike.com?

Do you know why this model is not on stromerbike.com?

Stromer retired this model and replaced it with ST3.

Could you advise me what should I pay attention to during the review before buying?

What is the state of health of the battery?
How many miles has it been ridden?
Is there a detailed service history or repair history?
Why are they selling it?

I suspect that there is no warranty anymore

It's a great bike but if there is a small electronic problem, how will you resolve it?
I suspect you don't have a dealer neaby. Are you comfortable working on this bike?

Hi @Ravi Kempaiah, thanks for the answer and questions. I thought over all the pros and cons again after exchanging sentences with @TMH and @Stefan Mikes and decided not to buy this bike. Visually it is extra but, like they, you asked the right questions that helped me make this decision. Maybe in the future I will be successfully tempted by another Stromer model :). Greetings

decided not to buy this bike
Beneath of the fact that the price is demanding, same level as in Switzerland, I support your decision!

No one can compete with a street legal ST5 - but for your wife's purpose, a 25 km/h might also fit. And the golden rule: A Stromer is alway as good as his bike mechanic is!

Don't expect smartphone connectivity -- Stromers experience problems with that, especially on the 2017 model.

I don't see any evidence for this!

This technology was introduced with the ST2 in 2014, is meanwhile expanded and still ahead of all competitors.

No one can compete with a street legal ST5

You are again misinforming people here.

STOP kissing their Swiss axxxess .

My 50lb BH nitro does 31-32mph on flat and much more responsive then the 70LB Swiss Elephant. The only advantage you may have is that yours may reach 33moh on a LONG flat road.
I'll pedal mine a little faster to 34mph.

I had just put the Grin Phase FOC 300$ controller , your ST5 with the shitty chinese controller is TOASTED on acceleration and hills. 25mph , what about 30mph ?

I challenge you for an ebike duel.

BH nitro vs Stromer St5.

cons again after exchanging sentences with @TMH and @Stefan

Your only option would be Trek or Specialized speed pedelecs. Bh Easy motions doesn't sell the Nitro City any longer.
Speak with your conational Stefan, he knows the ebike world.
Most imp. is to BUY NEW from dealer , reputable company.

Your only option would be Trek or Specialized speed pedelecs. Bh Easy motions doesn't sell the Nitro City any longer.
Speak with your conational Stefan, he knows the ebike world.
Most imp. is to BUY NEW from dealer , reputable company.
I have already spoken with Archie. The only street legal speed ebikes in Poland are Specialized (1 model) and Haibike (1 model). Trek doesn't offer the 9.9S in Poland. I think Archie's wife needs an e-bike for touring, not racing 😇

Back