Stromer ST1X Omni 2G Gone 2020

s2000442

Dear Sir or Madam

As you may have heard, 2G communication will be shut down in the USA by the end of 2019. From 2020, firmware updates will no longer be possible and the use of the OMNI app with GPS localization will no longer work.

This means that you can continue to use the bike, but without connectivity. Updates must then be made via the Stromer dealer.

We offer you an upgrade kit to the OMNI C-Interface at a special price of 349 US$ instead of 679 US$*. The advantages of the upgrade can be seen in the attached PDF:

Wow, now I have to spend more money and time to get the bike to dealer which is 180miles away.

I am trying to find any videos on replacing the display myself but no luck so far. Is this an easy fix/replacement or do I need a dealer to do it. I have found that any local store will not help me even if they sell stromer bikes if you did not purchase from them.

Physical replacement is consumer doable, I have done it. I am not Sure about setting the config to talk to Stromer over the air without contacting support.

Is this all non color displays?

do I need a dealer to do it. I have found that any local store will not help me even if they sell stromer bikes if you did not purchase from them.

Bad situation in the US, official dealers shall help, not refuse.

The new colored OMNI C comes with a new SIM-card, the first registration on the Stromer-Server might / shall / must be done at an official dealer.

Does anyone know of a video or printed instruction manual for replacing the original Omni with the new Omni-C? I just ordered one, but have not yet found any instructions on how to do it. I replaced a bad motor control cable when I first got the ebike and it's worked perfectly since. I have faith in my ability to do the exchange, but I don't want to begin disassembling things without knowing anything at all about what I might run into.

Thanks!

Back