Stromer ST1 battery door has come off

Hi Folks,

My battery door has come off and not sure how I can put it back. I tried super-glue, but that didn't work.

Anyone else had this issue?

I reached out to Stromer via email, but no replies after 4 days.

Thanks.

Avi

Hi Folks,

My battery door has come off and not sure how I can put it back. I tried super-glue, but that didn't work.

Anyone else had this issue?

I reached out to Stromer via email, but no replies after 4 days.

Thanks.

Avi

Your dealer or your nearest dealer should be your main point of contact.

If it fell off, I imagine that the semi-hidden bolt had to be missing.
The bolt goes up from the bottom, through the battery door hinge. 5mm (IIRC) hex, probably ~4" long. It will be partially hidden by cables.

If it fell off, I imagine that the semi-hidden bolt had to be missing.
The bolt goes up from the bottom, through the battery door hinge. 5mm (IIRC) hex, probably ~4" long. It will be partially hidden by cables.
I will attach a few pics when I get back home. the unit that actually contains the battery connection is fine. The compartment door that attaches to that unit has come off. And I couldn't tell if it was simply glued on to the unit or it was connected differently.

Not sure what the previous owner did, since I bought the bike used.

Hello All,

I have attached some pics of the battery door. I am not sure if the door was originally welded to the bracket (the grey piece that swivels open). I am unable to attach it back.

I called Stromer and was greeted by an automated message asking me to email their technical service department. I did that, but no one at Stromer bothered responding.

Makes me think hard about making Stromer my next bike.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_152034334.jpg
    IMG_20180916_152034334.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_20180916_152052918.jpg
    IMG_20180916_152052918.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_20180916_152057314.jpg
    IMG_20180916_152057314.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 832
Makes me think hard about making Stromer my next bike.

If you purchase a bike off of craigslist then you should talk to the nearest dealer. Stromer or any company like Bosch or Yamaha doesn't deal with the end customer. That's what dealers are for.

Back