Stromer regen braking?

WOW! Thank you for that awesome guide!!!

If you don't feel like answering another question, I totally understand, but just wondering if I switch to old school recup in the Omni app, if that means that the half pull of the brake level triggers the recup, similar to the way it works on the early models. As you said, this is VERY helpful, because instead of wearing your brakes down, you can use this with a little strategic riding in order to stop/slow down when you need to.
The regen you get by pulling the brake lever slightly, is not affected by anything in the recup settings. There is a separate setting for adjusting how intense regen you get when you pull the brake; but that’s a separate setting.

how’s that for a short answer?!

The regen you get by pulling the brake lever slightly, is not affected by anything in the recup settings. There is a separate setting for adjusting how intense regen you get when you pull the brake; but that’s a separate setting.

how’s that for a short answer?!
Pretty freaking good 😁! Thank you!!!

For myself, I'm more interested in using the regen from pulling the brake in order to save the brake pads. That there is a setting on how intense this can be, seems like a really nice feature!! I'd guess that the more intense regen setting from the brake pull, the less demand on the brake pad.

Pretty freaking good 😁! Thank you!!!

For myself, I'm more interested in using the regen from pulling the brake in order to save the brake pads. That there is a setting on how intense this can be, seems like a really nice feature!! I'd guess that the more intense regen setting from the brake pull, the less demand on the brake pad.
Yes, I see what you mean. I'd say, there is a downside to the brake level pull (and all regen, really), is that the regen is applied with no "feathering". It clicks on and clicks off (it lacks the subtlety of traditional brakes). So if you have the brake level regen set high, you may find the feel to be abrupt. There also is a bit of lag... so after you release the lever, it takes a moment (1/2 second?) before the region stops. I have my level set to just one tick stronger than the least amount. This gives me a touch of easy to access light region. Anything more than that I can control on the fly by using the + & - buttons after regents is activated via long press of - button.

Back