STROMER 2020 CONCEPT BIKE

Petropoliskhan

Region
Europe
City
Brussels
Saw this today @ velofollies in Kortrijk Belgium
The Stromer 2020 concept will sit between the new ST1 and the ST3 in terms of power and price. As it stands it features a 5 speed integrated gear hub by Sturmey Archer

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-01-18 à 20.30.40.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-01-18 à 20.30.40.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,031
It's the same heavy clunker with unappealing design lines, no personality , just like the Bmw, Benz and all other west European ICE cages.

BMC from the same country as the stromber does a great job with their ebikes design and performance !

It's the same heavy clunker with unappealing design lines, no personality , just like the Bmw, Benz and all other west European ICE cages.

BMC from the same country as the stromber does a great job with their ebikes design and performance !
Bmc use to own stromer didn't they?

I agree that their higher end models should have a pinion + belt option instead of a cheap 5 speed igh(nothing wrong with it being cheap, the problem is its range being very limited). Even an 8 speed is fine as long as there is enough range.

I don't think it looks anything like the Pedego, other than the color. I'd like to ride the belt drive to see- it could make a quiet bike even quieter. I only use the top 6 gears of my 9 right now, so 5 might work.... Cracks me up how people bash Stromers about weight and looks; to each his own. Do batteries and motors that look like tumors growing out of the frame look better? To some, apparently they do. Do I care that my 60lb bike is heaver than 45lb bike? Nope., I regularly pass those bikes on my 'tank'. Anything over 15lb in a bike is a heavy turd, anyway.

Buy and ride the bike you like. I rode 6 before I chose, and it was an easy choice after doing that. I don't bash on the other 5, tho...

Last edited:
I don't think it looks anything like the Pedego, other than the color. I'd like to ride the belt drive to see- it could make a quiet bike even quieter. I only use the top 6 gears of my 9 right now, so 5 might work.... Cracks me up how people bash Stromers about weight and looks; to each his own. Do batteries and motors that look like tumors growing out of the frame look better? To some, apparently they do. Do I care that my 60lb bike is heaver than 45lb bike? Nope., I regularly pass those bikes on my 'tank'. Anything over 15lb in a bike is a heavy turd, anyway.

Buy and ride the bike you like. I rode 6 before I chose, and it was an easy choice after doing that. I don't bash on the other 5, tho...
I love my Stromer but I do think they will need to reduce the weight to stay competitive. I am a big guy and it isn’t easy to move around.

Back