Storm Fat Bike vs Prodaco Tech Rebel XS Fat Bike

The missing comparison item:

Exists........................No.....................................................Yes

biknut said:

Not exactly true George. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I haven't given up on America either, but I have given up on our current government. It's bought and paid for by big business. Big business includes the msm, that lies for constantly big business. It's just a fact that big business wanted to move all the manufacturing out of the country.

I think if you look back 50 or 100 years, you see things have to balance and rebalance all the time. Chinese labor was cheap, but now you go to Vietnam, even Mexico, for pure assembly. Google will probably let Huawei build the next flagship Android (is there anything else) phone. China is moving up. That's why Alibikes may work, by themselves, why Storm might be able to do some of what he wants to do. Our labor, relatively speaking, is a lot less expensive.

Ultimately, we have people who won't go to college, play financial games, rig the legal system, or work in tax avoidance and profit creation numerology, etc. Just people who have to live a life. Which turns out to be pretty tough. In Utah (SLC), a few years ago, they decided the homeless problem came down to one thing. It's like "Wow, these people don't have homes". So, the church and welfare types organized stuff and they started giving people homes (apartments). The deal was not so many visits to the ER, not so many arrests, some healthcare, social services. It turns, yeah, it costs less. And if you feel better about doing it, nice bonus.

I think the way to solve the jobs problem is ... (ready?) to create more jobs. Living a life means having a job, having a roof, having transportation, some free time, decent people around you. I don't think you can give up and say "We can't do that HERE". Prove it. There's a lot of automation we can do here. We have advantages building 'locally'. People just don't think, rethink, and rethink again, how to do simple stuff. Build a frame. Build a motor. Design something that works, something that looks good. Just send off to China? Sometimes, for sure, but all the time, for everything?

Too many regulations? Well, fix that. Do stuff that counts. Too much liability law? Meh, good luck with that.

You're a decent guy, a high energy character. You are memorable. How many people can say are 'memorable' anymore. Sometimes I think you are crazy right, and sometimes I think you are twenty solar systems away wrong. How the hell did he end up there? Doesn't matter.

It's too much of a downward spiral. I have to be interested enough to at least explore solutions. I don't hate the rich, but this whole 1% thing gets to be a real drag. It's mostly financial transactions. It's not a real economy. I'll blame Wall Street, and I was once a VP of a broker. We can have that real economy again, like in the 50's. I have to believe that. Transportation and housing. That's where you go, if you are looking for immediate solutions.

Think that there is a little confusion relative to the Prodeco Tech Rebel X & XS. And I agree with you @J.R. -- focus on the facts. As with many websites, there is probably outdated material online; however, Prodeco Tech only offers the Rebel XS, just finished a mini chat with someone in sales, so what's on the Prodeco Tech website is the most current info.

And yes, @EULITTLB , you have to have reflectors front & rear to sell a bike in the US, not the bell (although that's a pretty practical add-on). By mudguards, do you mean fenders? If so, or rather either way, no mudflaps legally required. Its only been this winter that we've had enough rain to even need fenders in Austin--going on year 4 of drought.

@George S. - thanks - are these the same requirements for ebikes as well? The Sondors bike fouls the stipulations of point 6, Diagram 1 immediately by my reading with the sealed/water resistant battery housing - remove that and you have a cheap fatbike. On the plus side heat-retention would no longer be an issue

Ebikes that exceed 750W or 20 mph are considered mopeds and are supposed to be licensed. Under that they are subject to bicycle laws

Hello all you NEW Sondors FAT BIKE OWNERS! Heads up; Court just got his new Sondors bike and really wants to know details about the condition and operation of your bike. He's just starting THE Review and wants info from actual owners.

Here's what he sent me: "Would you mind asking folks who ordered and have received Sondors bikes if they have had any issues? I'll be working on the official review soon and would love community feedback about scratches, assembly issues, battery issues etc. My frame came scratched and I'd just like to get a feel for how people are faring and whether they are getting the expected range etc. so I can reference that in my video. "

Please post your information and feedback in the 'Sondors First Impressions Forum' that way it's all in one place. Thanks, everyone! We're all excited to hear from you.

Back