Still trying to buy Vaude Silk Road- L -snap it 12473

siclmn

After 4 months of repeated emails and phone calls to trekkinn I have given up on them ever sending me my luggage bag. They lie and promise to investigate and they do nothing. They have my money but I don't care anymore at this point. So I though I would just order it from someone else. Well nobody in the USA has it listed anymore. I am talking about the snap it and not the Velcro model. When I find a foreign site that has it they don't ship to the USA or it says not available. Has anybody ordered this bag from a USA site in the last few months? Please don't refer me to the thread about this bag, I have been there.

After 4 months of repeated emails and phone calls to trekkinn ...
Wow this is a surprise and disappointing to hear. I bought two of those bags from trekkinn and they arrived in short order (no problems). I just did some searching and I only see them available on Euro sites. Maybe your best bet might be some of the UK shops? I've ordered a couple of items from UK shops that I had success with. One was a battery cover for my Bosch battery ... can't recall the other at the moment. Another suggestion might be to email some of the USA shops that carry Vaude products and see if they can order that for you from their distributor.

My Haibike has a different rack vs the R&M (Racktime) but with a similar attachment system ... and I wasn't able to find a bag with an attachment system for the Haibike. So I was forced to go with velcro. I bought three bags and they are actually working out pretty well. They fit securely and there is no movement or shifting of the bags. The main negative is they take slightly longer to attach/detach vs the Vaude. And I imagine the velcro wears out over time with frequent. I purchased two Axioms (two different models/sizes) and the larger Axiom has an exterior pump attachment that I find very handy. The other is the Arkel Tailrider. Just plugging those in case you are also forced to go with velcro...

So less then a week after I post here the bag finally arrived. I don't know why it took so long. It looks like the picture and it clicks onto the rack which is why I wanted it. The only thing is that it soaks up water when I tested it by dripping water on it. It beads up for a few seconds and then it just soaks in. So they give you a orange cover that will cover the bag for rain. The cover looks hideous. I will continue looking for a waterproof bag.

So less then a week after I post here the bag finally arrived. I don't know why it took so long. It looks like the picture and it clicks onto the rack which is why I wanted it. The only thing is that it soaks up water when I tested it by dripping water on it. It beads up for a few seconds and then it just soaks in. So they give you a orange cover that will cover the bag for rain. The cover looks hideous. I will continue looking for a waterproof bag.

If you are not happy with your Vaude Silkroad Plus (Snap-It) bag, are you willing to sell it to someone that doesn’t ride much in the rain? I’d be happy to pay you what you’re in it plus shipping...

The bag definitely isn't advertised to be water resistant hence the rain cover that comes with. I've found the rain cover very useful as it also fits my Axiom velcro-attach bag (use on my Haibike). It may not be the best looking rain cover but does have a reflective logo on the back and fits pretty snug so no worries of it flying off. Been very useful to me. I rode my Haibike 18 miles in the rain the other day and used the Vaude rain cover - very handy.

461524B0-0340-450E-AFD7-6D9F72A944D4.jpeg
8050C9B3-419B-4928-AF10-64722885F473.jpeg
9CF83A59-EE5E-45AB-B61A-4C7167DC4E76.jpeg

After reading about the Silkroad Snap-It, I found them on eXXposed’s website in Germany and decided to buy their Silkroad Plus Snap-it bag. The bag and shipping came to $85 US and only took ten days to arrive in California from the day I bought it.

I took the bag off the adaptor and turned the prongs in to a closer setting, and then put the adaptor back on the bag and mounted it on my rack. It fits very nice and tight, and the bag has a good amount of space for my daily needs. I give this bag and adaptor two thumbs up, and I also am very happy with how quickly it arrived from eXXposed.

Above are a few photos of the bag on my St1 Platinum.

Last edited:
Back