ST5 Battery removal

Colleen

Can anyone provide specific instructions on how to pop out the battery using a small screwdriver, on frame opposite side of battery?

My screen is blank, and I need to pop out battery to reset, so I can ride to repair shop.
(This recently occurred, I loaded bike into car for repair and this is what he did, said it “happens sometimes”.

Obviously there is something wrong with bike, super frustrating.

I used a plastic tool to remove mine, so it would not damage the paint

How to Manually Remove Stromer Battery

• Locate the beveled edge around the battery eject button.
  • Use a small flathead screwdriver to pry edge of button away from frame. Use a cloth or other protector if needed to protect frame.
  • Remove the plastic outer edge of the button all the way from the frame.
  • With a flashlight or some other light, look inside the battery compartment and locate the white bar which holds the battery in place.
  • Using the flathead screwdriver, carefully insert and use end of the screwdriver to press that bar up and forward, just releasing the battery. Be careful as to not snag anything else, or scratch the battery or the inside components of the bike.
  • Once the battery is ejected, remove the battery and reinstall the plastic edge piece. Make sure to orient it properly so that the cutout portions are face upward, diagonally to the back of the bike, as pictured below.
1701364284856.png

1701364342583.png

1701364357404.png

1701364374818.png

Ich habe meins mit einem Kunststoffwerkzeug entfernt, damit der Lack nicht beschädigt wird

So entfernen Sie den Stromer-Akku manuell

• Suchen Sie die abgeschrägte Kante rund um die Akku-Auswurftaste.
  • Hebeln Sie die Kante des Knopfes mit einem kleinen Schlitzschraubendreher vom Rahmen ab. Verwenden Sie bei Bedarf ein Tuch oder einen anderen Schutz, um den Rahmen zu schützen.
  • Entfernen Sie die Kunststoffaußenkante des Knopfes vollständig vom Rahmen.
  • Schauen Sie mit einer Taschenlampe oder einem anderen Licht in das Batteriefach und suchen Sie nach der weißen Leiste, die die Batterie an ihrem Platz hält.
  • Führen Sie den Schlitzschraubendreher vorsichtig ein und drücken Sie mit dem Ende des Schraubenziehers die Stange nach oben und vorne, um so den Akku freizugeben. Achten Sie darauf, dass Sie nichts anderes einklemmen oder den Akku oder die inneren Komponenten des Fahrrads zerkratzen.
  • Sobald der Akku ausgeworfen ist, entfernen Sie den Akku und bringen Sie das Kunststoffkantenstück wieder an. Achten Sie darauf, es richtig auszurichten, sodass die Ausschnitte nach oben und diagonal zur Rückseite des Fahrrads zeigen, wie unten abgebildet.
View attachment 167365
View attachment 167367

View attachment 167368
View attachment 167369
Schön wenn Mitgliedern hier mit wertvollen Tipps geholfen wird. Ich würde allerdings diese Hilfestellung nur per PN versenden um es möglichen Dieben nicht all zu leicht zu machen einen Stromer Akku auch ohne OMNI Zugang zu entwenden ;-)

Back