St2 power assist switching off

Robie

My 2015 Stromer has started switching power assist off occasionally recently. Always from a stop. I thought I had solved issue by correctly torqueing hub to 20 nm. Previously I had removed the battery and replaced it , and power had reset and bike ran fine again. Another clue to power cutoff has something to do with the brakes. Because one time I abruptly tapped both quickly and power came back on. Everything was fine for awhile since retorquing hub, but had to use the tapping brakes remedy which worked once again yesterday . Any ideas what could be causing this ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Could it be the brake micro switch sticking, since you mention the problem resolves with a brake tap? Any error messages?

brttannic thanks for your response. I have heard of the break cut of switch , in others previous posts ,can you tell me where on the bike the switchs are located? No error messages have been posted on the screen display , but maybe recorded on bike menu issues for techs. to read.
Thanks, I will keep trying to figure this out.

brttannic thanks for your response. I have heard of the break cut of switch , in others previous posts ,can you tell me where on the bike the switchs are located? No error messages have been posted on the screen display , but maybe recorded on bike menu issues for techs. to read.
Thanks, I will keep trying to figure this out.

Have you tried resetting the torque sensor?
It is worth checking the power cable as well.

The micro switches should be in the brake levers, there is a small wire that runs from the lever to the controller. I'm away from my bike right now, so unable to be exact.

I think that's it Ravi ! Thanks, Can you tell me where to find the steps to go through the reset process ? thanks also britannic on brake switch wire location.

Back