ST2 owner checking in

Took the first ride today. Pretty impressed with the range and the ability to hold top speed.
Thanks @opimax , it was great exploring some trails near DC/Virginia.

63 miles
Avg speed ~ 18mph (last 15 mile stretch, 22mph)
Started at 100% and ended with 2%.

First ride.JPG First ride - battery.JPG First ride - range.JPG First ride - speed.JPG

Last edited:
I concur @Brambor. Considering it was ~40F , I think it is very good range. I didn't have any panniers or other stuff. So just me and my backpack.

@Chandlee EBS , @killo20004 I used 75% Level 2 (tuned for a cruising speed of 22mph) and 25% boost (mostly during the last stretch). 45 miles of those on trails with limited traffic and I guess I would still have total 45 miles even in a heavy stop-n-go traffic.

I concur @Brambor. Considering it was ~40F , I think it is very good range. I didn't have any panniers or other stuff. So just me and my backpack.

@Chandlee EBS , @killo20004 I used 75% Level 2 (tuned for a cruising speed of 22mph) and 25% boost (mostly during the last stretch). 45 miles of those on trails with limited traffic and I guess I would still have total 45 miles even in a heavy stop-n-go traffic.
thanks so will you consider this ebike one of the best out now?

thanks so will you consider this ebike one of the best out now?

@killo20004 , I think we met at the NYC launch event. Hello again :)
Is this one of the best E-bikes right now?, no question about that. I can't speak of the durability, yet.
The paint job is superb (far better than my Neo Jumper 650B).
There is no other bike that can claim this kind of range. I test rode the Focus Aventura with 17Ah batteries but this is just way ahead.
DC roads are not easy on this bike, I can't imagine cruising at 20+mph without a Body Float. Feel free if you have anymore questions.

Last edited:
Is this one of the best E-bikes right now?, no question about that. I can't speak of the durability, yet.
There is no other bike that can claim this kind of range. I test rode the Focus Aventura with 17Ah batteries but this is just way ahead.
DC roads are not easy on this bike, I can't imagine cruising at 20+mph without a Body Float. Feel free if you have anymore questions.
@Ravi Kempaiah
yeah I remember you hello man, thanks for the information and are you still going to do the long ride? if so send a the link for your blog

Took the first ride today. Pretty impressed with the range and the ability to hold top speed.
Thanks @opimax , it was great exploring some trails near DC/Virginia.

63 miles
Avg speed ~ 18mph (last 15 mile stretch, 22mph)
Started at 100% and ended with 2%.

View attachment 2575 View attachment 2572 View attachment 2573 View attachment 2574
That's very impressive Ravi! I hate that post! That means I have to keep that expensive bit of kit on the short list for my next ebike purchase:mad: You should be very happy I'm not able to ride the GAP with you guys, your bike would be sticky from all my drool!

It seemed like everything was going toward mid-drives. On some level, mid-drive seems like it would be more efficient because the loads can be matched by shifting gears. But maybe this rear hub is beefy enough to remain efficient in most situations. (Does Tesla use gears?) It's a very intriguing bike. I think bigger batteries are the future, anyway. Ebikes are amazingly efficient. Is there any obvious downside to the dd rear hub? Weight distribution?

Hopefully we'll get some real life hard riding comps of the ST2 and some of the other high end stuff, especially the mid-drives. Tech always filters down. I just have to wait a couple of years.:D Have fun. Dang, I know I would!

Ravi: Considering the Stromer and the 2015 Aventura Speed with the belt drive. How much more powerful is this new ultramotor and controller? I realize mid drives don't have the yank of rear hubs but the torque for hill climbing is superior. What didn't you like about the Aventura?

@J.R. I'm sure you'll own something nicer, soon :)
Would be lovely to plan some E-bike group ride.

There is a GSM and GPS chip embedded in the OMNI module, @Brambor .
It is not a continuous monitoring like our cellphone but once it goes to Theft mode, it tracks the GPS coordinates more frequently. Whenever I open my app, it will sync the latest location.

@86 and still kicking , If you're in a very hilly area, it's worth looking into but my commute is 31 miles each way and that's 62 miles everyday, 4 days a week. On flattish grounds, I can comfortably cruise at 25mph and DD hubs are efficient under cruising. Because the motor is 30% lighter than ST1, the overall weight hasn't changed at all. It's like Elite and Platinum bundled into one single bike. If I want more torque, I can simply tune it. Because it's a 48V system, it's very powerful. Limited supply and serviceability of Focus, limited range (for my 62 mile commute) and ability to hold top speed. ST2 excelled in all those areas.

I have put 230 miles so far and very content with the bike.

@J.R. I'm sure you'll own something nicer, soon :)
Would be lovely to plan some E-bike group ride.

There is a GSM and GPS chip embedded in the OMNI module, @Brambor .
It is not a continuous monitoring like our cellphone but once it goes to Theft mode, it tracks the GPS coordinates more frequently. Whenever I open my app, it will sync the latest location.

@86 and still kicking , If you're in a very hilly area, it's worth looking into but my commute is 31 miles each way and that's 62 miles everyday, 4 days a week. On flattish grounds, I can comfortably cruise at 25mph and DD hubs are efficient under cruising. Because the motor is 30% lighter than ST1, the overall weight hasn't changed at all. It's like Elite and Platinum bundled into one single bike. If I want more torque, I can simply tune it. Because it's a 48V system, it's very powerful. Limited supply and serviceability of Focus, limited range (for my 62 mile commute) and ability to hold top speed. ST2 excelled in all those areas.

I have put 230 miles so far and very content with the bike.
Ravi:
Thanks for the reply.

Back