ST1 - No Comm Error Message

mileslong

mileslongNew Member
I bought my Stromer ST1 Platinum on Dec 26th, 2014. I am right at 6500 miles. Today was my first real concern, I was on a 45 mile ride and towards the end of my ride, started getting a "No Comm" error message. The bike would shut down (although, still power to the controller), so would stop, remove and replace battery, then start back up. At first, it would only make it 100 or so yards, so I went into Eco mode and was able to make it back home. I do have my settings maxed out because I like speed (torque sensor set to 90% and typically ride in power mode).

Has anyone ran into this issue and what seems to be the most common problem (I have read the trouble shooting guide from Stromer, and is pretty vague)?

Before, anyone ask, I have a spare battery, which is why I can make it so far with the above settings.

Thanks in advance.

mileslongNew Member
I bought my Stromer ST1 Platinum on Dec 26th, 2014. I am right at 6500 miles. Today was my first real concern, I was on a 45 mile ride and towards the end of my ride, started getting a "No Comm" error message. The bike would shut down (although, still power to the controller), so would stop, remove and replace battery, then start back up. At first, it would only make it 100 or so yards, so I went into Eco mode and was able to make it back home. I do have my settings maxed out because I like speed (torque sensor set to 90% and typically ride in power mode).

Has anyone ran into this issue and what seems to be the most common problem (I have read the trouble shooting guide from Stromer, and is pretty vague)?

Before, anyone ask, I have a spare battery, which is why I can make it so far with the above settings.

Thanks in advance.

It takes couple of hours of troubleshooting to get rid of this "no comm" error message.
Sometimes, if you're lucky, just tightening the connections work.
You may have to take it to a dealer who has the controller diagnostic device.

Back