ST1 Elite chain ring mod

Ken.
I find this interesting. In 2014 you could purchase a Mt. 33 In other countries ( Not USA ) with two sz options on the front chain ring. ( 42t or 48t ) Now in 2015 you can purchase the Elite or Platinum with Mt.33 or Power 48. ( Go to Stromer web site and build a bike in any other country ) The Elite Comes with one chain ring ( 42t) The platinum comes with three chain rings But you can order any sz motor you like. In USA we only get one choice Mt. 33 with a 42t chain ring or a Platinum with three chain rings. So I am not sure why you could not add any chain ring you like. I added a 46t to mine. I strongly believe there is not a large difference between motors. Yes a small difference. There was a great review from a dealer in Canada who sold and road both ( Mt 33 and Power 48) and felt the same as I. I have ridden both and chose the Elite because I do not see the need for three chain rings and the help of a motor is needed for my riding. I put the larger front chain ring on as to get and keep my high speed up longer and easier. It works just great. I don't recommended going as lg. as 50t or 52t because if you are climbing a hill you might not have enough lower gearing. You could add a front derailer and two or three chain rings, but again I find that over kill and now you are at a Platinum with a Mt33 motor. This might bring out some interesting replies, that is all good. In the end it is what works for you and your riding. the good news is you own a Stromer ST1. I love mine.
gp

Ken,
Any chance you could get me the part # for your 46 tooth front chain ring? I've been to 2 dealers and neither can locate a size that fits the Stromer ST1. Thanks!

Back