Sport model by Espin discontinued

I recently got an EV without a hitch and have been taking the front wheel on/off the Sport and heaving it into the back cargo, so folding an XP may probably be the same effort.

Even when I had the rack, putting the Sport on it was some effort (which is why I was looking for a lighter bike like the Gravelster). The lighter bikes, folding or not, just don't have the features I like (gears and hydraulic brakes).

I guess the R1U Turris is comparable to the Sport?

Attachments

• 1 up w Gravelster.jpg
    1 up w Gravelster.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 109
I recently got an EV without a hitch and have been taking the front wheel on/off the Sport and heaving it into the back cargo, so folding an XP may probably be the same effort.

Even when I had the rack, putting the Sport on it was some effort (which is why I was looking for a lighter bike like the Gravelster). The lighter bikes, folding or not, just don't have the features I like (gears and hydraulic brakes).

I guess the R1U Turris is comparable to the Sport?
At 55lbs, it certainly looks tempting to me. This is about what we started out paying for the Espin bikes. Awesome price. It lets you add things like a suspension seat post, a rack, etc and STILL have a very reasonably priced bike....

I'm selling my 2021 sport model (only 190 miles on it) because I'm moving. It's in great shape and has been a great SF bike, but I'm going where it's flat and I won't need the extra boost up the hills :) I posted on the classifieds here

So it's been almost 3 years since I got my Espin Sport and I still haven't found a replacement for it.

It's banged up (huge accident a few months after I got it) and getting rusty (been through some rain) but it's still going and compared to the other 3 bikes I've ridden (we also have an Aventon Soltera 7) it's still my favorite ebike and I'm very used to the power curve and cadence sensor (which seems variable despite what others have said here).

Still haven't found the light ebike for heavy riders unicorn but came close to pulling the trigger on a few here (would have probably got a R1U Gravelster if it had gears).

I think my next one is a folding ebike and I'm very close to doing the Lectric XP 3.0.

So it's been almost 3 years since I got my Espin Sport and I still haven't found a replacement for it.

It's banged up (huge accident a few months after I got it) and getting rusty (been through some rain) but it's still going and compared to the other 3 bikes I've ridden (we also have an Aventon Soltera 7) it's still my favorite ebike and I'm very used to the power curve and cadence sensor (which seems variable despite what others have said here).

Still haven't found the light ebike for heavy riders unicorn but came close to pulling the trigger on a few here (would have probably got a R1U Gravelster if it had gears).

I think my next one is a folding ebike and I'm very close to doing the Lectric XP 3.0.
Did you look at the Aventon Level 2?

Been a while since I've posted in this thread.

Sounds like my Sport's bottom bracket is creaking and I don't know if that can be fixed because I think it's sealed.

Other than that... still going strong. I'm spoiled by the advanced cadence sensor because after these few years I really had the gearing and PAS figured out. The Soltera is a torque sensor so it's a different style of biking.

Even though I got a lighter ebike, I still think I want a comfortable rider for casual rides and the R1U Portola has features that the Lectric XP 3.0 didn't have... and they have a blue lone ike my old Sport so it will be the spiritual replacement (but it folds instead).

If I were to replace the Sport with a like bike... as I said before, the R1U Turris is the closest match (and maybe the Cafe Cruiser).

Espin bikes seem overpriced compared to R1U now.

Been a while since I've posted in this thread.

Sounds like my Sport's bottom bracket is creaking and I don't know if that can be fixed because I think it's sealed.

Other than that... still going strong. I'm spoiled by the advanced cadence sensor because after these few years I really had the gearing and PAS figured out. The Soltera is a torque sensor so it's a different style of biking.

Even though I got a lighter ebike, I still think I want a comfortable rider for casual rides and the R1U Portola has features that the Lectric XP 3.0 didn't have... and they have a blue lone ike my old Sport so it will be the spiritual replacement (but it folds instead).

If I were to replace the Sport with a like bike... as I said before, the R1U Turris is the closest match (and maybe the Cafe Cruiser).

Espin bikes seem overpriced compared to R1U now.
My brother bought a Velotric Discovery1. I think it is similar to my Espin Sport but somewhat beefier and somewhat heavier frame. Price good $ 1100-1200. Hydraulic brakes, 5 levels of power, cadence, throttle, suspension fork, decent battery and range, came with fenders, rack, etc. Comes in step thru or step over and several colors.My brother is tall and not light weight and he really likes it. It is his first e bike.

Back