Specialized turbo vs Cube hibryd - what to choose

taipan1x

Region
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have to choose between Specialized Turbo 2015, 400 miles and Cube Cross 2018, 11 miles, both same price.
First one is hub motor, the other one mid motor. Same power both.

1. I am afraid that battery after 5 years for Turbo is not in his minds due to fact that I don't know how was stored.
2. How can I be sure mileage for Turbo is real?
3. I think it will have all sorts of problems the Specialized, cause its a 5-6 years old model
4. How can I find what kind of Specialized is? Basic model or S? I must see back hub motor.

I would like to have this Specialized bike, it looks so nice, but don't know.
Thanks!

You didn't mention the age of the Cube,so I assume the same age battery in both. Specialized warranties the frame for 2 years to a second buyer, IDK about Cube but someone will know. I would assume you will need a new battery for either within a season and Specialized batteries are expensive. IDK about Cube.

Sorry, I missed that. So the age ( and replacement cost) of the battery will still be significant. Without knowing a lot about the owner and treatment of the battery, I would expect to buy a new one. Good luck. Hopefully a Cube owner will know the replacement cost. But you might have to cross post in the Cube forum. New Specialized batteries are $900 IIRC.

I have to choose between Specialized Turbo 2015, 400 miles and Cube Cross 2018, 11 miles, both same price.
First one is hub motor, the other one mid motor. Same power both.
I would probably choose the Cube due to it being newer ( Although the Specialized is a good looking bike) but as you say a lot depends on the batteries in both, Are they in a shop? if so can you get a test ride?

Back