Specialized Turbo Tero X 5.0 Taillight Wiring

OnEdge

Region
USA
Hello all,

Today after my ride I noticed my taillight wiring hanging down. I'm lucky it didn't get caught and torn off. I'm just wondering where is sits under the fender. I don't see a dedicated tube or clips or anything to hold it. I haven't taken the wheel off yet, but peeking up under the fender, I don't see a place for the wire to ride. My guess is it rides in one of the channels that are on each side of the inside of the fender? Have any of you had this wire come loose on you and you had to put it back in place?

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_8455.jpg
    IMG_8455.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 95
My guess is it rides in one of the channels that are on each side of the inside of the fender?
In my Vado (which is not that different to Tero X), the tail-light wire indeed goes all the way under the fender on the non-drive (left) side. How is it actually fastened? I would have to remove the rear wheel to find out! (I do not want to do it).

Alright, I figured it out. There is a sleeve over most of the taillight wire, and that sleeve sits fairly tight in the extruded channel on the left side of the underside of the fender. Here are a couple pics. Apparently, I must have picked up a branch or something that that wedged between the tire and the fender and pulled that wire out of the channel. That, or it was never all the way in place correctly when I bought it. Anyhoo, it's all fixed not and I'm just waiting for a break in the rain here in Northern California so I can get out and ride :)

Attachments

• IMG_8464.jpg
    IMG_8464.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_8463.jpg
    IMG_8463.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 135
  • Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 138
How do you like that Tero X5? I have an X4 and like it but kinda wished I'd spent up for the 5 but I think it was like another $1K !!

I absolutely LOVE my Tero X5! I don’t have anything to compare to though as this is my first E-Bike. The Tero X4 was on sale for $2000 less when I bought mine. I wanted the higher torque motor and the larger battery, those are what pushed me up to the X5. If money were no object, I might have gone for the X6, but maybe that higher torque motor would have slightly reduced my range as they have the same battery- who knows.

I love my bike and wouldn’t change anything if I had to do it all over again.

Good luck on yours!

I absolutely LOVE my Tero X5! I don’t have anything to compare to though as this is my first E-Bike. The Tero X4 was on sale for $2000 less when I bought mine. I wanted the higher torque motor and the larger battery, those are what pushed me up to the X5. If money were no object, I might have gone for the X6, but maybe that higher torque motor would have slightly reduced my range as they have the same battery- who knows.

I love my bike and wouldn’t change anything if I had to do it all over again.

Good luck on yours!
I addition to the 4X, I also have a Levo comp alloy which has the stronger 90 nm motor and the bigger battery and a bit better components. I really have no issue with the smaller 50nm motor on my 4X but I would REALLY like to have the larger 5X (or 6X battery). My 4X shifts pretty well once I got it dialed in after break in but my Levo shifts better, it's almost seamless, almost undetectable between gears. I think your 5X is the sweet spot between the 4,5 and 6 in terms of battery, motor, components and price.

The cost of the larger battery (that will fit the X4) will be at least the price difference between X4 and X5...

I addition to the 4X, I also have a Levo comp alloy which has the stronger 90 nm motor and the bigger battery and a bit better components. I really have no issue with the smaller 50nm motor on my 4X but I would REALLY like to have the larger 5X (or 6X battery). My 4X shifts pretty well once I got it dialed in after break in but my Levo shifts better, it's almost seamless, almost undetectable between gears. I think your 5X is the sweet spot between the 4,5 and 6 in terms of battery, motor, components and price.
Maybe I made the right choice with my X5 :) My bike shifts really nicely too, noticeably better than my biddies bike.

Back