Specialized Turbo Creo on Stationary trainer?

Randallmtx

Region
USA
Has anyone tried putting the Turbo Creo on a "wheel-on" Stationary SMART trainer like Wahoo? It looks like the Wahoo says it is not compatible with E-bikes. I understand why direct drive units would not work as the speed sensor for the CREO is in the rear disk. However, it would seem you could ride with wheel on with no problem in that regard. Would there be some issues with the Specialized software still battling with the trainer software on programs such as Zwift etc? Could you just ride with the motor off? So basically I'm just looking for any insights that anyone has in regard to stationary training on the CREO and the potential use with a smart app such as Zwift. Any advice insights are appreciated. Thanks!

assuming you have the right axle attachment (road boost!) it will work just fine. i've had my creo on one a few times for bike fitting and fooling around.

however, if you need power and cadence and speed for zwift, you'll have to use something like the "CABLE" ANT to BLE bridge, since the creo bluetooth sensor output is nonstandard. definitely ride with the motor off (but the electronics on)

I hooked up my Turbo Vado SL last winter, with zero issues. (don't use the power/motor...that's all)
I really, really, really like the comfort of THAT bike on the Wahoo, so I'd be interested in poking around eBay, Craigslist, OfferUp, Facebook MarketPlace, PinkBike, etc., etc., to find a really, comparable bike (size, fir, use, all of the positive things I feel and experience with the Vado SL on the Wahoo).
Without buying "bike 'A', or bike 'B' at any of those places (or through a friend locally), does anyone know actually what kind of bike, similar to all the comfort and geometry the SL provides it is that I should be looking to acquire?
No, I don't want to keep using the SL on the Wahoo, I'd just as soon spend a little cash to get a permanent bike for the Wahoo, but don't want to get the wrong one and then have 5 bikes in the garage :(

assuming you have the right axle attachment (road boost!) it will work just fine. i've had my creo on one a few times for bike fitting and fooling around.

however, if you need power and cadence and speed for zwift, you'll have to use something like the "CABLE" ANT to BLE bridge, since the creo bluetooth sensor output is nonstandard. definitely ride with the motor off (but the electronics on)
I'd like to see pics of how you connected it to your trainer.

Back