Spark X - side mirror installation

Hi,

I guess if I wanted a mirror on the left side, to see behind me, I'd need to loosen all the controls on the left bar and slide them over to make room for a mirror bracket ? That would put the throttle switch a bit far away from my thumb.

Is it possible to attach mirrors to the end of the handles instead ?

Barry

Mirrycle FTW.

IMG_20151229_165833-2.jpg

I've got the spark mini and just installed a bar end mirror. The Sparkbikes webpage says:

* Not compatible with Spark, Spark X, and Spark RX
* Compatible with open ended grips. (Previous models of Spark and Spark X may have open ended grip)

Your bike is fairly new, are your grips open on the end and just plugs in the bar end?

These are mine...not seeing any way to hook up a mirror really.
It's the newest version of the Spark X Leisure.

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_180704[1].jpg
    IMG_20191205_180704[1].jpg
    140 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_20191205_180733[1].jpg
    IMG_20191205_180733[1].jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 483
You will probably have to change your grips in order to put bar end mirrors on, The grips on the mini are the stitched pleather style with open ends and a set screw to hold them on, located where the palm of your hand is sits. I do like the bar end mirror though and may try the Mirrycle mirror as posted above, they seem to be highly recommended on EBR. I currently have the mirror SparkBikes sells but from an alternate source.

You will probably have to change your grips in order to put bar end mirrors on, The grips on the mini are the stitched pleather style with open ends and a set screw to hold them on, located where the palm of your hand is sits. I do like the bar end mirror though and may try the Mirrycle mirror as posted above, they seem to be highly recommended on EBR. I currently have the mirror SparkBikes sells but from an alternate source.

Ah well. I like the grips that are on it...I can live without the rear view mirror for now.
Maybe a dash-cam or something :)

Back