Spark Leisure or the RadRover ?

I'm looking for the best "fat" e-bike I can get for $2K.
The Spark Leisure and the RadRover seem like the 2 best options I've seen so far.

I'm looking for the the best battery/motor system possible, best components of course, comfort...and speed :)

Opinions and/or advice ?

Last edited:
i would check out Amego bikes first,they have a better selection than SparK or Rover and several great Bang for your buck bikes, also check out the Voltbike Yukon

I was looking at VoltBikes....wasn't sure about them. I'm not too keen on the twist-throttle...I could see my wrist getting tired of it pretty fast.
They also claim a 750W motor, even though it's the exact same Bofang model as the one Spark uses, and advertises as 500W. The contact from Spark I spoke to said that VoltBikes is lying with their marketing.

Last edited:
I just want to mention that if you can find a bike that checks all your boxes otherwise, changing the throttle from twist to thumb is not that difficult if you're at all handy. There's only 3 wires involved, assuming there are no other functions built into the throttle assembly. A hot, a ground, and the signal wire....

I was looking at VoltBikes....wasn't sure about them. I'm not too keen on the twist-throttle...I could see my wrist getting tired of it pretty fast.
They also claim a 750W motor, even though it's the exact same Bofang model as the one Spark uses, and advertises as 500W. The contact from Spark I spoke to said that VoltBikes is lying with their marketing.
one of my bikes has a twist throttle, i put a CrampBuster on it,problem solved! now its a thumb throttle,Crampbuster cost like 10bucks and snaps on in 1 second, at this point i actually prefer the twist throttle with the Crampbuster over my actual thumb throttle.

Throttle - easy change.
Make sure you test ride one - I did and thought the 4" tires were clumsy, balky turning.

I think they put different windings on the same hub housings. The watts rating depends on battery voltage max-amps on the controller as well.

There are two hubs - one is about 158mm overall diameter, the larger is 168. Perhaps someone more experienced can sort them all out - @Thomas Jaszewski ??

The one I got here is the larger of the two, but labeled 48v and 500w. It's more than enough power, all the way to 28mph. It's wife's bike, she's happiest about 15-18.

one of my bikes has a twist throttle, i put a CrampBuster on it,problem solved! now its a thumb throttle,Crampbuster cost like 10bucks and snaps on in 1 second, at this point i actually prefer the twist throttle with the Crampbuster over my actual thumb throttle.

Googled that ....it's a band-aid solution, not my style. I'd swap out the control entirely.

Last edited:
Throttle - easy change.
Make sure you test ride one - I did and thought the 4" tires were clumsy, balky turning.

I think they put different windings on the same hub housings. The watts rating depends on battery voltage max-amps on the controller as well.

There are two hubs - one is about 158mm overall diameter, the larger is 168. Perhaps someone more experienced can sort them all out - @Thomas Jaszewski ??

The one I got here is the larger of the two, but labeled 48v and 500w. It's more than enough power, all the way to 28mph. It's wife's bike, she's happiest about 15-18.

The Canadian bikes are all made in Vancouver (and area) it seems....I won't be able to test ride any of them since I live in Ontario. It'll be the best guess after asking around and doing online research.

I Googled it. I'm not a "band aid" kinda guy. I'd swap out the twist entirely and put on the different controller.

The Canada Trail is literally 100 yards from my door ! So long comfy rides are my goal !
Spark has a 17A battery, which seems like the most powerful I've seen in my price range.

You may also want to check out Biktrix Juggernaut Classic they are Canadian and Juggernauts are nice bikes!

Back