Spare Parts for BBS02 Tour

Biaviian

Region
Asia
Currently planning a 2k KM (round trip) on a Giant Seek that I've set up with a BBS02. Most of the riding will be either in pedal assist 0 (walk mode) or 1, for hills (this is based off how I normally ride on my daily commute). I have seen a guy on YouTube who did a massive ride EU to China with a BBSHD and did eventually need to Chage some parts on his motor (outer clutch). I know what I'm planning is no where near to that feat, but am wondering if there is any specific parts for the BBS that I should plan on taking with me...?

spare speed sensor (easy to snap off)
spare throttle (notoriously bad)
Possible spare controller but you can probably get one shipped to you fairly fast.
programing cable

If you want to go deeper than that then you need the special tool to remove the axle nuts to split the case. You would also need the normal crank arm removal tool. The inside of the motors and clutches are pretty robust and don't need much maintenance.

Last edited:
These motors tend to twist throwing everything off including the electrical. Zap. For a big trip I would make nine radial notches in the left side of the bottom bracket every 40 degrees. The securing plate will set into these to prevent the motor from moving. I use a stubby hacksaw to make these notches. If when you remove the securing plate you will see existing indentation marks. Use these as a guide. I have also considered installing zerk nipples so that I can lube without needing to open the motor housing. Bring spare derailleur hangers. These are intended to break as a failsafe if the derailleur is knocked or bumped to prevent the derailleur from going into the spokes, ruining both the derailleur and the rear wheel. I would want to give the motor and electical extra water protection incase you get caught in a major down pour. For example, where wires enter a component could get sealed with gasket maker.
1629397348886.png

Attachments

• ShortyHack.JPG
    ShortyHack.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 165
Back