Spare battery storage on bike?

glenno

Region
USA
I am wondering if anyone has come up with a way to carry a spare battery on their Ride1Up LMT'D bike? I bought one last Fall and I would like to extend my range by having a spare battery to snap in when the juice is getting low. I like the looks of the Ride1Up accessory bike carrier but I question whether it would be strong enough to carry a replacement battery, which is quite heavy. I would be concerned about losing the battery should the bottom of the pannier sack give way. I have looked at small, generic bike carryalls although the size of the battery is not easily matched.
Any suggestions (other than decreasing power assist to lengthen range) would be appreciated.

On my LMTD ST I use Ibera Rack and small 18L Lumintrail Bag to carry my extra battery. Battery fits kitty-corner inside the bag.Very secure. Easy to mount/dismount bag. Very low profile on the rack so it doesn't make swinging my leg over too awkward when mounting the bike. I originally used just the rack to carry the spare battery securely wrapped in a towel with bungee cords. But the added height was awkward.

Attachments

• 81Ti5KsBzSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81Ti5KsBzSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 71Vxrv4QmvS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71Vxrv4QmvS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 198
Back