Sondors Rockstar to Canada, Import Fees?

tmo1620

Region
Canada
Ordered a rockstar in matte black last week for “ End February “ delivery. Just wondering what to expect in relation to import fees or anything once it does get shipped. Any Canadian owners able to chime in?

Also following this. Ordered mine in July for “End of February” delivery. In Saskatoon and wondering of course will be expecting all the huge import fees, taxes and duty when I go to pick it up from post. I was thinking about emailing Sondors direct just to be proactive on it and discuss shipping to us northerners and get their experience with it.

Also following this. Ordered mine in July for “End of February” delivery. In Saskatoon and wondering of course will be expecting all the huge import fees, taxes and duty when I go to pick it up from post. I was thinking about emailing Sondors direct just to be proactive on it and discuss shipping to us northerners and get their experience with it.
Talked to a guy in Alberta here that brings in sondors bikes and re sells and he said shipping charges covers everything

Talked to a guy in Alberta here that brings in sondors bikes and re sells and he said shipping charges covers everything
My shipping was “only” $286. So that’s a pretty dang good deal. I would think there’s gotta be Trudeau tax tacked on yet though…? Regardless, from all my research, the value of the Sondors can’t be beat either way.

My shipping was “only” $286. So that’s a pretty dang good deal. I would think there’s gotta be Trudeau tax tacked on yet though…? Regardless, from all my research, the value of the Sondors can’t be beat either way.
He said not a thing, just got some fat tire bikes and an mxs in and just showed up everything was taken care of, he’s gotta a rockstar and a meta cycle coming as well

Nice! Well for sure keep a fellow Canuck in the loop with any developments. I will do the same. …now we wait! Ha

the waiting is the worst part lol, i feel your pain though. I only had to wait around 3 months (Serial 1 Rush/CTY Speed) though

Following this thread closely, as I'm deciding between the Rockstar, or the Rize RX pro....
Import a bike, or buy Canadian.

Hey, I imported an ebike from the US but if I did it all over I probably would get a bike from a Canadian LBS. Only for one reason, warranty and parts. Both have been impossible to acquire, which seems to be the norm no matter where you buy your ride from. I don’t mind having no warranty, but parts are a must ! Good luck 😉

i would think not importing would be a wiser choice given the current supply chain constraints, on top of Sondors track record in slipping dates.

Following this thread closely, as I'm deciding between the Rockstar, or the Rize RX pro....
Import a bike, or buy Canadian.
Biktrix is also a Canadian retailer of very similar bikes if you are looking to stay Canadian.

Hey, I imported an ebike from the US but if I did it all over I probably would get a bike from a Canadian LBS. Only for one reason, warranty and parts. Both have been impossible to acquire, which seems to be the norm no matter where you buy your ride from. I don’t mind having no warranty, but parts are a must ! Good luck 😉
What’s parts can’t you source? Anything I’ve wanted to upgrade has been easy to find, got a shelf full of stuff waiting to put on my rockstar. Pretty much all wear parts on the rockstar are standard like brakes, chains, tires, derailleur, suspension. Take good care of the battery so it lasts years, hopefully it outlasts this minor cough and cold plandemic our useless liberal leaders have bought into. So basically as long as the battery, motor and associated electronics work as they should there is no issue I can see. In Canada we don’t have a bunch of bike manufacturers so it’s not like we have a lot to choose from to order direct. Most our bikes are imported to a shop that re sells and with our dollar being bad and our government making it near impossible with massive a taxes and import fees to run a decent business like a bike shop the deals just aren’t there. Went and looked at a few shops to check some bikes out and to get an ebike that compares to the rockstar with all my upgrades I’m doing to it I’d have to spend around $6500 cdn plus tax and it’s a less powerful motor and no throttle. I’ll be into my rockstar with upgrades for $4500 cdn no tax shipped to my door. The only downfall I see is not having a bike shop local to provide support for the bike ie. maintenance stuff etc. But if your half a$$ed mechanically inclined it’s not a big deal, just do the work yourself. And Gmanx beat it, your not a sondors owner, and don’t you have some bike paths to build? Or are you still waiting for your fearless woke govt to do it all for you?

Biktrix is also a Canadian retailer of very similar bikes if you are looking to stay Canadian.

The comparable biktrix bike to a rockstar is juggernaut ultra fs pro and it’s $5700 cdn plus tax and has less travel and doesn’t look near as good aesthetically. My buddy has one , got it last year, it’s a good bike but he wishes he’d of saw the rockstar first lol

The comparable biktrix bike to a rockstar is juggernaut ultra fs pro and it’s $5700 cdn plus tax and has less travel and doesn’t look near as good aesthetically. My buddy has one , got it last year, it’s a good bike but he wishes he’d of saw the rockstar first lol
100% agree here. I ordered a Rockstar after countless hours of research. There is nothing comparable to it in the price range. Even within $2000 there’s nothing. The Biktrix bikes look like ol’-ma-kettle should ride them haha. Anything that looks the part of a Rockstar and has comparable components is from a big brand name bike manufacturer for way more money, does not have a throttle and are limited to low speed (if your a fan of this, thanks for voting Liberal). The reason I bought a Rockstar and am on this forum is it was hands down most bad ass bike for the money.

What’s parts can’t you source? Anything I’ve wanted to upgrade has been easy to find, got a shelf full of stuff waiting to put on my rockstar. Pretty much all wear parts on the rockstar are standard like brakes, chains, tires, derailleur, suspension. Take good care of the battery so it lasts years, hopefully it outlasts this minor cough and cold plandemic our useless liberal leaders have bought into. So basically as long as the battery, motor and associated electronics work as they should there is no issue I can see. In Canada we don’t have a bunch of bike manufacturers so it’s not like we have a lot to choose from to order direct. Most our bikes are imported to a shop that re sells and with our dollar being bad and our government making it near impossible with massive a taxes and import fees to run a decent business like a bike shop the deals just aren’t there. Went and looked at a few shops to check some bikes out and to get an ebike that compares to the rockstar with all my upgrades I’m doing to it I’d have to spend around $6500 cdn plus tax and it’s a less powerful motor and no throttle. I’ll be into my rockstar with upgrades for $4500 cdn no tax shipped to my door. The only downfall I see is not having a bike shop local to provide support for the bike ie. maintenance stuff etc. But if your half a$$ed mechanically inclined it’s not a big deal, just do the work yourself. And Gmanx beat it, your not a sondors owner, and don’t you have some bike paths to build? Or are you still waiting for your fearless woke govt to do it all for
What’s parts can’t you source? Anything I’ve wanted to upgrade has been easy to find, got a shelf full of stuff waiting to put on my rockstar. Pretty much all wear parts on the rockstar are standard like brakes, chains, tires, derailleur, suspension. Take good care of the battery so it lasts years, hopefully it outlasts this minor cough and cold plandemic our useless liberal leaders have bought into. So basically as long as the battery, motor and associated electronics work as they should there is no issue I can see. In Canada we don’t have a bunch of bike manufacturers so it’s not like we have a lot to choose from to order direct. Most our bikes are imported to a shop that re sells and with our dollar being bad and our government making it near impossible with massive a taxes and import fees to run a decent business like a bike shop the deals just aren’t there. Went and looked at a few shops to check some bikes out and to get an ebike that compares to the rockstar with all my upgrades I’m doing to it I’d have to spend around $6500 cdn plus tax and it’s a less powerful motor and no throttle. I’ll be into my rockstar with upgrades for $4500 cdn no tax shipped to my door. The only downfall I see is not having a bike shop local to provide support for the bike ie. maintenance stuff etc. But if your half a$$ed mechanically inclined it’s not a big deal, just do the work yourself. And Gmanx beat it, your not a sondors owner, and don’t you have some bike paths to build? Or are you still waiting for your fearless woke govt to do it all for you?
Total agree, I am talking the bike mfg proprietary parts, even the simplest, like a batter cover for example. No matter how well you look after your ride stuff will wear, get damaged or fall off. So it’s only a matter of time before your going to need something. Good luck 👍 😎

Last edited:
Total agree, I am talking the bike mfg proprietary parts, even the simplest, like a batter cover for example. No matter how well you look after your ride stuff will wear, get damaged or fall off. So it’s only a matter of time before your going to need something. Good luck 👍 😎
I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there, hoping that everything works as per normal once I receive it. With proper upgrades, maintenance, battery care and some luck it should all last long enough to get through this joke of time we’re in and back to normalcy with access to parts and products as per the norm. Here’s hoping lol

Shipping covered everything - I didn't get charged more when it crossed the border. I suspect it's because it's classified as American made and we have trade agreements in that case (but I'm not an expert on this subject)

I believe the reason is the way they ship it, there is duty on complete bikes but being in the amount of pieces it comes in allows it to get by as just bike parts, which are mostly exempt. And the usual fees are part of the $299 shipping price. Anything American made still gets duty tacked on, I buy golf clubs, side x side parts and snowmobile parts out of the states all the time and they always ding me with extra fees and duty once they arrive.

Back