Sondors Ebike Demo Day Video and Specs

If you went to the demo day: Was there enough bike, cycle mojo, and get-up-and-go to motivate you to buy the bike? Yes or No.

I was watching this campaign from the beginning with great interest. And I waited for the Demo Day before pledging, even though I knew that meant my cost would be $599 instead of $499. I simply wanted to see it in person, and experience it, before committing that much money. Initially, I have to confess, I was skeptical.

And so I was there, rider #10, with my family in Santa Monica on 2/15.

And my answer is "yes."

Now, if the eBike I receive in June or July or August isn't the same as the eBike I rode in Santa Monica on 2/15, then I'll be supremely disappointed. I don't think that'll be the case, though.

@Fofer as a general point do you feel you had enough of an opportunity to ride the bike on different terrains or to test the battery life/speed/range? If you think as long as it is looks as good and lasts 30 minutes or whatever it will be ok then fine, I would just like to hear your opinions. The bike was put together by a bike shop in Southern California, we are now informed that manufacturing will begin on March 15th - I don't know what happened to Sondors flying out to China on March 15th - it is the scale, the support, the logistics and the performance that concern me.

I rode it for a few minutes myself and stuck around for about an hour while I watched 30+ more folks ride it just as I did. I also saw that the battery level didn't dip very much, after all of the demo rides were over.

I have no intentions of riding this eBike on sand, hills, the forest or a jungle. I plan to ride it on the beach boardwalk, around my neighborhood, some city blocks, on sidewalk pavement, to run a few errands and perhaps get to some nearby client jobs when the need arises. And $600 is the right price for me on this one. I'm also springing for an extra battery, to cover my bases. The first few times I ride it, I will gauge its range, and plan my trips accordingly.

I'm sure if I pored through any/all of these manufacturing details, and read through all of your naysayer posts, I will detect some concerning signs. However, I chose to trust my instinct on this campaign, after having ridden the bike, talked to Storm himself for a good 15 minutes, watched him interact with everyone at the Demo Day, followed 2.0's continued campaign on IGG and social media, and spoke to employees at IGG, as well as some insurance professionals. I don't think these guys are going to just disappear with all of this cash. I don't think they are going to deliver a plastic tricycle. I'm not even expecting it to be delivered before, say, August. After all, s*it happens, and I understand that.

But I am expecting to receive a bike that is identical, if not nearly identical, to the eBike I rode near the Santa Monica Pier on 2/15... before the end of 2015. And I'll be happy about it.

What else can I say?

Last edited:
@Fofer, great insight. Thanks.

I'm looking for a regular 'around my community commuter' instead of a vehicle. It doesn't need to go 20 miles but a daily of 10-15 would be great and eliminate so much single occupancy minivan driving.

If this bike could do that and have a reasonable life cycle for the battery, I would be more than interested. Heck, the teens have a 6-8 mile RT for work and rather than 2 buses for 'mom or dad taxi', something like this could resolve so much wasted time, gas, and they might even pedal occasionally.

Fofer and David, they both seem like common sense approaches, can I also ask something please?

I am a heavier bloke (PC term for fat), one of the reasons the Storm first caught my eye, was the big wide tyres and rims, just by looking at them and with nothing to back it up, I guessed they would be stronger and not go out of true as often as skinnier rims might..
just wondering if either of you are heavier Gents and if the bikes sturdy looks and heavy construction, played any part in your choosing this bike?

Trev good question, but I was reading about the possible tubing and whether it will last/take the weight of the heavier gents, may be a concern?

I was wondering more about perception, the bike does look very solid after all...

Back