[SOLD – Please Delete]

michal

Region
USA
City
Brooklyn, NY
Update: Currently working on getting the bike fixed. Will re-evaluate sale after that.

Hey folks, I’m looking to sell my Riese & Müller Nevo GT Vario HS that I got in May 2019 from Propel Bikes in Brooklyn, NY. I rode the bike for a couple months and put about 437 miles on it, but recently purchased a Vespa scooter and don’t ride the bike anymore.

This is the 47cm frame with dual batteries and a max pedal assist speed of 28mph. The stock pedals have been replaced with Crank Brothers Stamp 2 Large pedals. I’m also including a Thule Pack n’ Pedal rack (mounted on front wheel), Quad Lock phone mount, Hexlox, Crane Riten bell, Basil MIK carrier adapter plate, 2 Bosch chargers, and 2 Arkel panniers.

***IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!***
The bike occasionally shuts down mid-ride and, when you try to turn it on again, the Intuvia display gets stuck on “Performance Line” and won’t let you select a pedal assist speed. After a few minutes, it goes back to normal and the bike functions as intended.

I haven’t been able to pinpoint the cause, and haven’t had the time or desire to get it fixed. The bike has just been sitting around, though, and I figure someone could get much better use / more fun out of it than I currently am.

I paid about $8,100 for the bike, and another $800 for the accessories.

I’m asking $3,000 for the bike + accessories or best offer. Bike is available for pickup in Brooklyn, NY or I can ship it if you pay for and coordinate shipping.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
That is a nice bike , hopefully you will get what you ask for.

Just a comment, the symptoms you are talking about sometimes is caused by loose/dirty connections between the intuvia and the housing(or the connections inside housing) , try to check if the pins are free of dirt. You should also unscrew the back plate of the housing and see if the connections inside are free of dirt and touching without a problem.

Good luck

Last edited:
Given the bike is still under warranty, why not just drop it off at Propel and have them fix it (seems you live close to the shop)? I expect you would get more interest and value if the bike was working properly.

Given the bike is still under warranty, why not just drop it off at Propel and have them fix it (seems you live close to the shop)? I expect you would get more interest and value if the bike was working properly.
Yeah, you make a good point. I’ve been putting off getting the bike fixed since I haven’t been riding it, but I just sent Propel an email about the issue.

Will report back soon.

That's good advice, I can't understand why anyone would be so willing to take a $5k hit ( wealthy or not as self-made wealthy people hate wasting money ) on a bike that is basically new.

Unless ofcourse there are other issues not being mentioned.

Yeah, you make a good point. I’ve been putting off getting the bike fixed since I haven’t been riding it, but I just sent Propel an email about the issue.

Will report back soon.
Michal: Just take a q-tip/cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol and clean the gold contacts both on the Intuvia and the display holder. The same happened to me after riding through a construction area.

Interested parties: I was in the shop when Michal took possession, which was in May, and it’s definitely a nice looking bike!

That's good advice, I can't understand why anyone would be so willing to take a $5k hit ( wealthy or not as self-made wealthy people hate wasting money ) on a bike that is basically new.

Unless ofcourse there are other issues not being mentioned.

The way you phrased that makes it sound as if I could recoup all $8100 I spent on the bike should it be fully functional which is simply not true (no matter how “like new” it is).

There are no other issues with the bike. It’s simply been sitting around my apartment unused more than I expected and I feel bad letting such a nice bike go to waste when there are plenty of other people who would love riding it.

Michal: Just take a q-tip/cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol and clean the gold contacts both on the Intuvia and the display holder. The same happened to me after riding through a construction area.

Interested parties: I was in the shop when Michal took possession, which was in May, and it’s definitely a nice looking bike!

Ha! Can’t believe you were there when I picked it up. I had a lot going on that day so the whole experience is a bit of a blur to me. Next time I’ll be sure to stick around and chat for a bit.

And thanks for the advice! I’ll give it a shot and see if that does the trick.

The way you phrased that makes it sound as if I could recoup all $8100 I spent on the bike should it be fully functional which is simply not true (no matter how “like new” it is).

There are no other issues with the bike. It’s simply been sitting around my apartment unused more than I expected and I feel bad letting such a nice bike go to waste when there are plenty of other people who would love riding it.
Sorry if my phrasing made it sound like that, wasn't my intention. Although I did notice that you didn't mention any attempt to fix the problem until someone brought it up in this thread. And as Johnny mentioned above the solution could be as simple as a loose connection, which would cost very little money if anything at all since it's still under warranty.

So it is a bit strange that your selling such an expensive and new bike at more than 50% off, a bike from a company that supposedly is reliable and requires much less maintenance than a cheaper alternative.

Perhaps you just want to sell it because the 2020 R&M are out and you would prefer the dual integrated batteries with the 4th gen Bosch motors? There would be nothing wrong with that being the reason you want to sell your 2019, often times honesty is the best route to making a sale.

So it is a bit strange that your selling such an expensive and new bike at more than 50% off, a bike from a company that supposedly is reliable and requires much less maintenance than a cheaper alternative.

Geez.

I own the same bike, except that I have the Rohloff HS with dual battery:

1) I have never owned anything that depreciates faster than a high-end ebike
2) Soon, if not already, he will have to compete with Propel and their end-of-model year discounts
3) oh yeah, a new motor just came out

I believe the new price of the bike is around $7200. NYC sales tax adds enough to make it feel close to 8k, but used market buyers just look at retail. This is priced between 40%-50% of new, with a loss on the accessories. Everyone knows that accessories don’t add much value. I see this as priced as a win-win for buyer/seller.given the circumstances.

Michal — you should have Propel print out a diagnostic report on the bike. This will show that there are no major issues + actual miles + battery cycles per battery.

Back