Sold my motorcycle. Waiting for my ebike to arrive

Last weekend I took my motorbike out for it's first ride in months. I deliberately chose a route that I had done on the emtb , essentially I was trying to decide if it was time to stop being a motorbike rider.

To be honest, for the first hour the bike was going to be sold. But then I started riding trails beyond my normal routes. It was surprisingly relaxing - I seem to have lost the need to race around bouncing off every obstacle in sight , and was perfectly comfortable bobbing along enjoying the scenery . By the end of the day I'd decided that post covid , the motorbike and I are heading out for a camping trip - perhaps a few weeks with no set destination and no mobile phone reception. For the last couple of years my camping trips had been family focussed and frequently involved mtb riding. Time to wander around without worrying about 4 other people.

Unsocial? Probably, but my job involves talking to 30-40 people per day about what THEY need. I'm looking forward to plonking my lid on a cafe table and having a waitress ask me what I want.
6E8844A8-ED82-4935-8499-89CB59B3D4D3.jpeg

Back